Read on for an answer, and please share this thread widely.
Ty Cobb, one of the President's attorneys, is the source of much of the misinformation. thehill.com/homenews/admin…
However, in recent days Cobb has gotten an assist from disinterested observers: journalists misreading the course of the investigation. businessinsider.com/mueller-trump-…
This is wrong.
(a) Federal cases move more slowly in the investigative and trial phases than state cases do.
(b) Federal cases of any complexity take years.
(c) This investigation started in June 2016.
(d) It met unexpected delays.
(e) This is the most complex federal criminal investigation of our lifetimes, partly because its authorizing document is—in fact—stunningly broad in its scope and license.
(f) The case's lead investigator was fired by its target this May.
(1) Hacking of DNC/Clinton (Guccifer, Stone, FancyBear et. al.)
(2) Illicit Sanctions Negotiations (Page, Sessions, Papadopoulos, Kislyak et. al.)
(3) Clandestine GOP Platform Changes (Gordon, Manafort et. al.)
(4) Clandestine Foreign Agents in Government A (Flynn, Gulen, Turkish officials et. al.)
(5) Clandestine Foreign Agents in Government B (Manafort, Gates, Deripaska et. al.)
(6) Data Analytics Collusion and Social Media Propaganda (Kushner, Mercer, Cambridge Analytica et. al)
(7) Obstruction of Justice A [Comey Firing] (Trump, Yates, Sessions, Miller, Comey, Lavrov, Kislyak, Hicks et. al.)
(8) Obstruction of Justice B [Trump Jr. Statement] (Trump, Trump Jr., Miller, Hicks et. al.)
(9) Making False Statements and/or Perjury A (Sessions)
(10) Making False Statements and/or Perjury B (Flynn)
(11) Making False Statements and/or Perjury C (Kushner)
(12) Making False Statements and/or Perjury D (Page)
(13) Making False Statements and/or Perjury E (Papadopoulos)
(14) Money Laundering (Manafort, Gates, et. al.)
(15) Espionage [Putin Backchannel] (Kushner, Flynn, Kislyak, et. al.)
(16) Clandestine Trump Tower Moscow Agreement [2013 to 2017] (Trump, Aras Agalarov, Emin Agalarov, Michael Cohen, Felix Sater, Kremlin officials et. al.)
(17) Clandestine Trump-Putin Meeting Plans (Clovis, Papadopoulos, Dearborn, Page, Mifsud, Millian et. al.)
(18) Clandestine Outreach to Pro-Putin Ukrainian Officials (Manafort, Deripaska et. al.)
(19) Possible Trump-Rosneft Collusion (Steele, Page, Lavrov, Peskov et. al.)
(20) Kremlin Kompromat [Trump Indiscretions] (Trump, Schiller, Agalarov, Ritz Moscow staff, Trump org employees, Ritz visitors, Sarka et. al.)
(21) Kremlin Kompromat [HRC/Ukraine] (Veselnitskaya, Kaveladze, Akhmetshin, Goldstone, Emin Agalarov, Kushner, Manafort, Trump Jr.)
(22) Clandestine Trump-Putin Meeting Plans B (Torshin, Rogozin, Clarke, NRA et. al.)
(23) Emoluments Violations [Russian Investors] (Eric Trump, Don Jr., Ivanka Trump, Kushner, Dodson, Gorka et. al.)
(24) WikiLeaks (Trump, Assange, Trump Jr., Kushner, Rohrabacher et. al.)
(25) Suspicious Contacts in Other Nations (Papadopoulos, Kammenos, and Putin in Greece; Gordon, Page, Orbán, Finkelstein, and Schmitz in Hungary; Papadopoulos in the UK and Israel)
And these are just 25 of many, many more investigative angles that the FBI has had to pursue.