I hope my many fellow Trump supporters won't get too mad at me, but I part tactical ways with our President over such things as mocking a woman for her "horse face." I get where he's coming from, and will not stop being one of his faithful followers.
What's more, I really do see the benefit to mockery. I'm studying Alinsky's rules, and we on the right have been far too soft-handed in accepting the destructive agenda of the left. We should mock socialism.
We should mock #NeverTrump Republicans for their wrong-headedness and readiness to join the other side in opposing the #MAGA mandate. Mockery is powerful and it is NOT beneath us to employ it, rather, it is a skill we must master.
I agree #NeverTrump Republicans who haven’t left the @GOP have no voice in our dialogue about what we envision for the country.
I do not agree this same position applies to Independent voters, who we should welcome and convince persuasively that we are worthy of their vote.
By “convince persuasively that we are worthy of their vote,” I mean demonstrate to them why liberal policies are best for the American people. We should NEVER compromise our positions in an effort to cater to a conservative demographic.
This convincing takes patience and respect. The dysfunctional attacks upon pundits and point persons of the #NeverTrump movement, while cathartic and justified, are counterproductive and serve to alienate Independent voters, who we actually can win over in real life.
The TRUMP campaign signed a deal with a consulting firm to market/rent Trump supporters' data. The firm gets to keep a cut. It's unclear if TRUMP, who abhors the prospect of others profiting from connections to him, is aware of the details of the deal. nytimes.com/2018/10/13/us/…
In TRUMP world, where grudges against #NeverTrump Republicans remain intense, there are grumbles that a contract to market/rent the Trump campaign's list went to a company associated with @mshields007, who urged Republicans to steer clear of Trump in 2016. nytimes.com/2018/10/13/us/…
SUMMER 2016: @mshields007 says of TRUMP: "He's not really a Republican, and he's certainly not running as a Republican."
SUMMER 2018: A company associated with @mshields007 signs a coveted contract to market the TRUMP campaign's email list to REPUBLICANS. nytimes.com/2018/10/13/us/…
NB: W/ 3 today, that is a total of 29 federal appeals court judges nominated by @realDonaldTrump, confirmed by @SenateGOP led by @senatemajldr and @chuckgrassley. More will come in November and December. If memory serves, a circuit judge writes between 100-150 opinions per year.
That’s a minimum of approximately 3000 opinions a year written by @realDonaldTrump appeals courts judges. For the next 20 to 30 years. Say a ballpark of 75K opinions. Of course there will be more confirmations in November and December. And the Senate is looking very good as well
THREAD 1.Soros has long been hate figure for Putinites & nationalists like Trump. #NeverTrumper Louise Mensch pushed the same antisemitic trope. Watch at 4:18 Louise on FOX. “We were lined up to join the Euro & we were bounced out of it by George Soros” video.foxbusiness.com/v/494176194100…
2. Brexiteers like Trump repeatedly blame Soros a wealthy Jew for their problems. #NeverTrump Mensch at 1:12: “Soros--As a Greek American he should look at the disaster in Greece.” Louise knows Soros is NOT Greek but a Jewish Hungarian Holocaust survivor video.foxbusiness.com/v/484438137100…
3. 3rd time #NeverTrumper Louise Mensch takes a dig at Soros on FoxNews. At 1:18 “The pound was shorted by George Soros” Louise promulgated the Brexiteer's antisemitic myth of “the Soros web” while reinforcing it on Trump's station FoxNews here in the US. video.foxbusiness.com/v/498293918900…
I called this.
More of these #NeverTrump 'allies' will defect to Trump.
Rick Wilson, Molly Mckew, Liz Mair, Louise Mensch, Erick Erickson, Tom Nichols are not liberal allies. They are working to keep GOP in power & therefore Trump. They share same ideological goals. #VoteBlue
For all you people that keep posting @ me that "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." This is why I say No. #NeverTrump republicans are extreme conservatives with extreme goals. They believe Trump is an "anti abortion liberal masquerading as a conservative." He's proved them wrong
#NeverTrump republicans like Rick Wilson believe that Rand Paul is a "strong voice for limited gov't & criminal justice reform." Rand Paul is against the Civil Rights act of 1964 barring discrimination. This is what Rick thinks gives him a strong voice for justice reform. #Bigots
That Bret Stephens column is the usual mix of bad faith double standards, slippery rhetoric, and calculated omissions
But there IS something clarifying in the meant-to-be startling revelation that, in this case, Bret Stephens Approves of Trump, which is that "a man is being accused of sexual assault" is the point at which #nevertrump becomes #actuallytrump
This, however, is the most stunning rhetorical move: three women who have are testifying have become--without the benefit of "corroboration"--an accumulation of hearsay.
I struggle for an interpretation that isn't "Women can't witness without someone vouching for them"
2/ Trump mocked and misrepresented Ford, attributed her charges to “evil” people. The crowd reportedly chanted “Lock her up.”
This morning, @JeffFlake just called his conduct “appalling.”
A “yes” vote would also be appalling.
3/ Can a President’s conduct disqualify a judicial nominee?
Ordinarily no. The usual remedy would be recusal.
But this isn’t an ordinary case.
Kavanaugh bears responsibility for Trump’s reprehensible conduct last night by his own conspiratorial partisan attack on his accusers.
Thread: A Theory About That Week-long FBI Investigation
1. There has been a LOT of consternation among Republican stalwart voters after a week-long FBI investigation into the (scurrilous) allegations against Judge Kavanaugh was announced. today
2. And of course, we have been deluged with TV interviews of jubilant Democrats and their media enablers since them too. Republican voters detect the standard Republican senate leadership capitulation to Democrat political pressure for the umpteenth time.
3. I’m going to postulate an alternative theory because I find conventional wisdom to be suspicious – and frequently wrong!
The Brett Kavanaugh confirmation process has exposed the Democrats for the threat to the American constitutional republic they are.
(Surprising too, as the Democrats have been telling us for two years that TRUMP would be the one to destroy our democracy. Innumerable articles have been written about what Trump “may” do, while @TheDemocrats are right now, actually DOING it).
I’m an attorney & have followed the Kavanaugh nomination closely. I want to discuss why I think it's important to use the word perjury to discuss some of #Kavanaugh's dishonesty. Continued ⤵ salon.com/2018/09/14/bre…
A major problem with news coverage of Kavanaugh's deception is that the news relies on experts for its stories & that many of the legal experts including #NeverTrump conservatives & anti-trump progressives know #Kavanaugh to be a thoughtful lawyer. (Cartoon via @tomtomorrow)
A good example of this came from 1 of my favorite podcasts, @NSLpodcast. Hosts are 2 attorneys—1conservative/1progressive—both critical of Trump. Both set aside evidence of #Kavanaugh's dishonesty bc they believe him to be honest. They know him personally
#NeverTrumpers oppose Trump because they think he is a "pro abortion liberal masquerading as a conservative." See Rick Wilson & Erickson's quotes below. #NeverTrumpers are pro NRA, anti choice, anti immigrant, anti ACA. Mensch wanted Cruz appointed to SCOTUS. #VoteBeto
2/102-I'm no expert on the #NWO & I don't expect you to take my word for this corruption. I'm simply a patriotic American, who's been wondering WTH is happening to our nation?
Which is why, as I listened to Trump's speech, it resonated w/me & I became curious enough to research.
3/102-In this thread, I'll share MY #RedPill journey... the questions I asked, answers I found & conclusions I've drawn. I'm not arrogant enough to think I know everything or that all my theories are correct. So I look forward to learning more from YOUR comments & links. #MAGA 🤓
There's a chance that Republicans cooperating on a Trump impeachment is just #NeverTrump fantasy. But there's also a chance the polls keep slipping and the GOP decides they're better off trying to run Pence in 2020.
The question is, what's the baseline below which he can't fall?
Trump fans will assess it high, but introspection is a lousy substitute for data.
However, the same warning applies to #NeverTrump folks.
However, with the caveat that this is highly speculative and pretty unlikely: what happens if the GOP goes to Trump and says "We're getting ready to impeach you. You wanna resign, or you want us to take you out?"
1. We have witnessed three amazing spectacles from the political class over the past week: the Uniparty wake (aka the McCain funeral), the Democrat tantrums during the Kavanaugh hearings, and Obama’s ranting against @POTUS.
2. Let’s examine each one briefly before answering the question posed.
3. The legacy media gave wall-to-wall coverage of McCain’s funeral over several days – before, during, and after. It was a Trump hate-fest from start to finish, as orchestrated from the grave by McCain himself. Many have commented and written about the spectacle.
2. I propose temporarily: “Thou shalt not speak ill of anyone opposing Trump”. That’s not to say we can’t criticize a tactic or policy but that we should stay in our respective lanes, step back a bit from questioning the motives of others and avoid ad hominem all together.
Venting that the president is an idiot and throwing a link to a Times piece on Bob Woodward's new anti-Trump book, Fear, is hardly a profile in courage reason.com/blog/2018/09/0…
Few outlets have been more stridently #NeverTrump than The New York Times, a fair stand-in for the legacy media which also has nothing but contempt for Donald Trump and sympathy for Hillary Clinton (it was her time!) and a broad Democratic agenda of more-active government.
The anonymous op-ed can only be read through that light and thus discounted.
So who’s behind the NYT op-ed? Pence? Kelly? Mattis? Sessions? Kellyanne? Trump himself?
No, I don’t think it’s any of the A-listers. Or the NYT just fabricating. My guess? It was a Koch Brothers drone. Let me tell you why... (THREAD) #ThursdayThoughts
Lot of the popular theories don’t pass the style check. This is a man’s writing, not a woman’s. And it’s not the writing of a military man like Mattis or Kelly, or a conservative family man like Pence or Sessions.
These people don’t talk like writers from the National Review.
Now Stephen Ford, a speechwriter (there’s your “lodestar” accounted for) from the pocketbook of the Koch Brothers? There’s a more likely match, in terms of both style and ideas (particular horror at Trump’s ‘anti-trade’ ideas).
Darn I missed this... I have SO many questions... 1. Who is Rick going to work to elect in the FL GOV's race. Servile racist Trump GOP sycophant DeSantis or Democrat Gillum. If it's DeSantis then EVERYTHING Rick and his #NeverTrump posse has touted for two years is utter BS.
2. In 2005 Rick worked on virulent bigot and legal architect of Trumps anti immigrant voter laws. Rick Wilson endorsed Kobach's voter ID law proposals in 2011. Is Rick still a fan of "strong conservatives" aka: racists Kris Kobach and Sam Brownback?
3. Rick Wilson has used the word "illegals" for years to describe undocumented immigrants . Is Rick Wilson aware that illegals is a racist and derogatory term and that when he uses this Trumpian term it perpetuates negative stereotypes against Latinos?
Thread: The Weekly Standard Belongs in the Dumpster
1. Are you growing as tired as I am of seeing the likes of Bill Kristol and Steven Hayes from the “neoconservative” Weekly Standard bashing @POTUS on Tw@tter or the boob tube?
2. I ran across an article that provides some insight into the beginnings of their #NeverTrump ways. Here are some excerpts:
3. “On July 24, 2016, just days before Strzok helped launch a counterintelligence probe into the Trump campaign, Kristol gave Strzok and the Obama Justice Department a big assist from the anti-Trump Right by posting a flawed and questionably-sourced article.”