1. Promise "automatic grant" of all exiting rights
2. Win the referendum and realise 1. is undeliverable
3. Promise "lives as before"
4. Rebrand. "Lives broadly as before"
6. They found out. Ok. PR time
7. Make sure all Government reps say on all media channels "#citizensrights are secured", including the PM. Avoid questions on specific concerns.
9. Send ministers to EU Embassy events and deliver the line: "We are so grateful for the contribution of (insert EU nationality) to the UK. We want you to stay and we secured your rights". Leave before Q&As.
11. Relax & smile. The majority won't read the draft WA and won't realise what rights are lost until they actually lose them.