Profile picture
, 6 tweets, 4 min read Read on Twitter
The majority of Parliament opposes #NoDealBrexit.
The majority of the People (54%) voted for parties whose manifestos opposed #NoDealBrexit.

So please, fight for a #NoDealBrexit if you want... But STOP pretending it has any democratic legitimacy.
Literally NOBODY would have voted Labour because they wanted #NoDealBrexit. They got 39.9% of the vote.

Labour's manifesto ruled it out and got a 6% increase in Remain voters.
Many voted Labour specifically to avoid #NoDealBrexit.…
Literally NOBODY would have voted Lib Dem because they wanted a #NoDealBrexit.
They got 7.4% of the vote.
They were calling for a referendum on the deal.
Literally NOBODY would have voted SNP because they wanted #NoDealBrexit.
They got 3% of the vote.
They campaigned on the basis of stopping hard Brexit and especially No-Deal Brexit.
That's just 3 parties and we're already over 50% of the vote.
Stop being democratically shy!
Democracy demands we avoid a #NoDealBrexit.
So shout it loudly!

A 48% approval rating for our current relationship with the rest of the EU DOES NOT mean 52% want any other relationship.
The opposition to the deal and the 2017 election proves that!
Missing some Tweet in this thread?
You can try to force a refresh.

Like this thread? Get email updates or save it to PDF!

Subscribe to Femi
Profile picture

Get real-time email alerts when new unrolls are available from this author!

This content may be removed anytime!

Twitter may remove this content at anytime, convert it as a PDF, save and print for later use!

Try unrolling a thread yourself!

how to unroll video

1) Follow Thread Reader App on Twitter so you can easily mention us!

2) Go to a Twitter thread (series of Tweets by the same owner) and mention us with a keyword "unroll" @threadreaderapp unroll

You can practice here first or read more on our help page!

Follow Us on Twitter!

Did Thread Reader help you today?

Support us! We are indie developers!

This site is made by just three indie developers on a laptop doing marketing, support and development! Read more about the story.

Become a Premium Member ($3.00/month or $30.00/year) and get exclusive features!

Become Premium

Too expensive? Make a small donation by buying us coffee ($5) or help with server cost ($10)

Donate via Paypal Become our Patreon

Thank you for your support!