add a question, or up-vote others. (i've submitted 2 questions. hint hint!)
- stop burning coal and gas
- transition to renewables
- invest in the grid
- energy efficient cities
- full electrification of transport by 2030
- compassionate communities
- with me you'll have an ally on #ClimateChange
- cut pollution by 45% by 2030
- 50% renewable energy by 2030
- strong vehicle emissions standards
- target of 50% of new car sales to be electric by 2030
- protections against land clearing
- a just transition for our coal workers and coal communities
- an independent just transitions authority
- important steps on the way to net carbon neutral by 2050
- most know me for work on refugees, but it was the #ClimateEmergency that inspired me to run
- greens are the only party with a plan that responds to the science
- frustrated that coalition gov't has done nothing serious on climate
- both labor & the coalition have failed on this — maybe it's something to do with the $8m they have taken from the #FossilFuel sector
- if you don't have a plan to phase out coal, you don't have a plan to deal with climate change (lots of 👏👏👏)
- no coal to be burnt after 2030
- no ICE vehicles to be sold after 2030
- taking care of the 2 biggest sources of emissions
- 180,000 jobs will be created
- ending logging of native forests and land clearing
- climate change may seem like the biggest issue — but integrity is really a bigger issue
- we now what we need to do, we know how to do it
- we understand it's cheaper to act than to do nothing
- if emissions are rising, you're not going to hit a lower target
- i want an australia we can be proud of — not pariahs on climate change and refugees
- without integrity we can't have real leadership
- integrated approach
- policy focussed
- orderly exit of coal
- need to be visionary about future careers
- education system needs to enable climate focussed careers
- home ownership will be impacted by #ClimateChange
- focus on areas where vision is important
- disruption is here
- great business opportunity
- great career opportunities
- great social opportunities
- integrated infrastructure
- on track to meet kyoto
- have policies that reduce emissions
- emissions reduction fund has contracted 192MtCO₂
- overseen largest increase in renewables (ed. no mention that they cut it back!)
- CEFC has funded lots of stuff (ed. no mention they tried to kill it)
- supporting mangroves!
- climate solutions package — $3.5bn being deployed
- climate solutions fund will deliver 🤥 (ed. he largely defunded it last week)
- $1.4bn investment in snowy 2.0
- lots of other policies
- emissions have come down… since 2005 [scoffs abound]
- has to be cost effective
- australia hasn't done well on cost effectiveness in the past, but now doing so much better.
[polite applause. very civil.]
josh: i would not want my child to go on strike. i believe our policies are sufficient.
angelina: i'd be very happy for kids to go. my candidacy is part of my contribution.
julian: i'd *urge* my daughter to strike if she was still at school.
bill: 6 grandkids. went in with them to @StrikeClimate. great atmosphere.
angelina: giving 2nd pref to labor. wouldn't just say yes. get stuff done. be decisive.
oliver: politics must be stable. majority will get supply/confidence — past that i will represent #Kooyong…
bill: gov't has trivialised #ClimateChange. inexcusable of josh to fondle the piece of coal in parliament. collaborate across party lines. war on climate. people first.
julian: CPRS was hopeless. no emissions reductions until 2035. a much better system was introduced as a result. greens can/will/have use(d) their position on the crossbench.
jana: i will push internally for stronger action.
josh: no-one more disappointed that NEG wasn't delivered. hazelwood and northern closures drove up prices. working with colleagues to smooth transition & meet targets. support paris.