- Bring in proportional representation
- Cancel HS2 and spend the tens of £billions on improving *regional* rail and other transport links
- Turn the HOL into an entirely elected second chamber (its oversight function is useful)
- Foster an entrepreneurial mentality that rewards a "British Dream" (parallels to the American Dream)
- Set up a "regional sifting committee" to vet all large infrastructure projects to ensure that
- Set up a crack team of tax experts within HMRC (paid appropriately for their
- Smash the links between politics and lobbyists, e.g. by strengthening the prohibitions on post-MP jobs.
- Impose more cross-party collaboration, especially on long term projects. (Any project
What else? I'm sure there's tons of good stuff that could be done if we treat the slate as blank, and put our minds to it.