Society would probably be a bit different (more on that and Declics later)
Well clearly for me, also probably for others following this account (I see you potatoes😘), the question is rethorical, it's a YES.
It is important to consider however how & what for.
“Not explaining science seems to me perverse. When you're in love, you want to tell the world.”
- know your audience
- identify your goal (change minds? amaze? get a concept understood?)
- build common ground if you want to be trusted
- seek feedback to know if you achieved your goal to get better
Idea widely shared among researchers... but plain wrong.
Practical way to get away from it at a personal level:
No, I'm not schizophrenic.
- not a priority (24%)
- not feeling training enough (33%)
- not feeling legitimate to do it (18%)