Only 30 countries took part in the #Israeli Foreign Ministry’s gala celebrating the new #US embassy in #Jerusalem last week. Not coincidentally, Israel’s ties with most of them are based on arms sales used to carry out gross human rights violations
Following 1967 War, #Israel began a diplomatic campaign to convince countries to oppose resolutions demanding it to unilaterally withdraw from the occupied territories. Israel attempted to buy votes of "murderous dictatorships" & military juntas in exchange for weapons & training
2) En effet, on a vu de nouveau le président #Macron et le PM canadien #Trudeau revenir à la stratégie #compol des démonstrations d'affection et de dialogue amical, mises en scène pour l'opinion publique, afin de fléchir 1 #Trump qui les accueille poliment SANS s'engager sur rien
#breaking Russian journalist Babchenko that was declared murdered last night is... alive
Says he had to stage his own murder in order to capture someone, apologises to his wife.
Russian journalist Arkady #Babchenko alive after staging his murder:
#Babchenko: "Special apologies to my wife. Olechka, I am sorry, but there were no options here. The operation took two months to prepare. I was told a month ago. As a result of the operation, one person has been captured, he is being held."
Au vu de ce tweet aberrant et de la logorrhée anti enquête #Mueller/#FBI,2 questions: 1) y a-t-il 1 révélation dans les tuyaux expliquant ce"pétage de plombs"apparent? 2) Mais #Trump s'égare-t-il vraiment ou organise-t-il avec soin les conditions du renvoi de Rosenstein/Mueller?
2) #thread Rappel de la situation: #Trump veut imposer l'idée que le #FBI espionna sa campagne à l'été 2016. En fait, selon ses méthodes habituelles, ayant connaissance de contacts inappropriés de 3 membres de la campagne #Trump avec la #Russie, le FBI leur a envoyé 1 informateur
3) Cet informateur du #FBI, ex de la CIA reconverti dans la recherche sur le renseignement, Stefan Halper, rencontra Page, Papadopoulos et Clovis, soupçonnés d'être les portes d'entrée de la #Russie dans la campagne #Trump. Bref, le #FBI a fait son job: du CONTRE-ESPIONNAGE...
It's nearly time for #Eurovision we'll be tweeting the abortion law from each country as they perform. We appreciate the law on paper can differ from practise so let us know if it is different than our reseaech!
It’s fitting that the #eurovision theme this year is #AllAboard as we are talking about abortion laws in the participating countries, and many in Ireland have to ‘take the boat’ to access abortion care.
The #Allaboard#eurovision theme is supposed to symbolise the connectivity across Europe, there are several examples of people travelling from one country to another such as Poland to Germany as well as Ireland to Britain, The Netherlands and others.
The NYTimes **obtained the list of Qs that Mueller wants to ask Trump during an interview.🤨
It's VERY hard to imagine that details of the ACTUAL questions would leak, unless the negotiations btwn Mueller & Trump's lawyers have BROKEN DOWN (as I was told a few months ago).🤔 2/
Overall, Mueller's open-ended Q's attempt to penetrate Trump's thinking (good luck!), to understand Trump's motivation for his crazed Twitter posts & to examine Trump's relationships w/his family and his closest advisers.🤨 3/
Early Sunday Morning Q #MAGA#GreatAwakening#QAnon#TheStorm#QAnonPosts
Apr 8 2018 00:48:59 (EST) Q !xowAT4Z3VQ ID: d6f611 947065
They are trying to start a war.
Public interest shift.
These people are sick.
2. Three years later in 1984, David #Bogatin bought an apartment in #TrumpTower on Fifth Avenue, paying $6 million to buy five luxury condos. #Trump personally attended the closing, along with #Bogatin.
This is, to put it mildly, irresponsible reporting by NYT. To treat presence of RUS paramilitaries in #Bosnia, a country in which less than 25 yrs ago 100K were killed by such militants, as a joke is despicable. No one is giggling in BiH -- or #Ukraine. nytimes.com/2018/03/31/wor…
I wrote this for WaPo in Nov. bc I was disturbed by the way US press had begun to normalize far-right extremists domestically, as they had done in the Balkans a quarter century earlier. Infuriating to see them "return to form" in the region. washingtonpost.com/news/democracy…
As @_edinh notes, recall only last time US media told you a reactionary mvmt & their avatar was a joke, who had no chance of upending the world order. And that was in the US, w its centuries-old democratic republic. Bosnia does not have that stability.
🚨🌎 Russia hacks U.S leaves Russian signature? 13 “Russians” meddle in election by protesting Trump? Russians poison a Russian using deadly agent that traces directly to Russia? CUI BONO? CUI BONO? #WhoBenefits#RussiaGate unian.info/politics/10042…
Roman Abramovich's LX-GVI 3/12/18 Riga-London.
"How Latvia Built Its Post-Soviet Money Pipeline. The scandal at the Latvian central bank is part of a bigger picture." bloomberg.com/view/articles/…
Andrei Vavilov's (Severnaya Neft) LX-GVV 3/12/18 Moscow-Nice.
"From Russia With Cash: Seeding a Hedge Fund" NYT 2007 nytimes.com/2007/09/23/bus…
Viktor Vekselberg's (Renova/Bank of Cyprus) P4-MIS 3/12/18 Newark-London.
ICYMI Vekselberg's P4-MIS was in Washington D.C. on the Inauguration day.
"Following the Money: Russia, Cyprus, and the Trump Team’s Odd Business Dealings" Just Security 2017 justsecurity.org/39409/money-ru…
#Europe "an increasingly complex & competitive security environment," SACEUR/@US_EUCOM Commander Gen. Curtis Scaparrotti tells #SASC in opening statement
"Our adaptation to the environment has made significant progress...particularly under the European Deterrence Initiative" per Gen Scaparrotti, calling it "the largest reinforcement of Euro-Atlantic Defense in a generation"
Gen Scaparrotti also says @NATO alliance "is strong" and that "European allies & #Canada have turned a corner on defense spending with increases in each of the past 3 years" adding $46 billion to defense spending
These new charges could potentially tie Paul Manafort's alleged crimes to the change the Trump campaign made to the GOP platform in 2016 (softening language about arming Ukraine to defend against Russia).
That was the only change to the GOP platform requested by team Trump.
A few things to keep in mind: 1. Paul Manafort was caught offering to give Russian billionaire Oleg Deripaska ‘private briefings’ on the 2016 Trump campaign. Manafort was deeply in debt to Deripaska, a key Putin ally.
Actually, this is an interesting topic to talk about -- not just for YouTube, but for country-based #censorship in general. There are ways around it and it's good to know of them in the event your government, employer or ISP go insane. This is going to be long so brace yerself!
The nuclear option for getting around a censored connection is the @torproject (torproject.org). It WILL work, but it may be slow, inconvenient, and overall a pain to use. It can be configured to connect through a specific country but that's not it's main purpose:
It is designed to help people anonymise themselves online and to get around censorship imposed by governments, employers and ISPs, rather than the web services themselves. So, for @tuyoki's use case above, this is a bad fit, but for many others it might work great.
(2) The source you two have now referenced twice and that every single article about #russiabots uses is #Hamilton68 sponsored by the German Marshall Fund (GMF)and Alliance for Securing Democracy, why didn’t you write them a letter? #Releasethememo
(3) It would certainly be very easy for either of you to approach the President of #GMF she worked for the Obama admin for four years, she’s quite involved with #Ukraine (see #Schiff largest supporter) her husband well connected in #California#releasethememo
2) #Yanokovich won the #Ukraine election in 2004 because, wait for it eustedes, Russain state operative HACKED the election servers and gave Yanokovich enough votes to claim victory. This is EXACTLY what @MikeFarb1 & the statisticians at #unhackthevote are saying happened in 2016
3) #PaulManaforte 's contrived narrative about #Yanokovich being "his own man" (as oppose to an RU shill) and a "strong leader" with "a plan" who was the victim of "bad reporting" is the same contrived narrative the Trump administration has been pushing since its campaign.