Many possible channels, including the following links to health inequalities:
1. higher income inequality due to austerity
2. unhealthy diets due to trade liberalization
3. rising health costs due to privatization
* Limits or cuts to wages -> inability to pay for health services
* Reduction in the workforce -> unemployment
* Deregulation -> greater insecurity
Controlling for borrowing countries’ socio-economic circumstances, IMF structural adjustment conditions significantly lower health system access (#UHC) and increase neonatal mortality.