Per Wikipedia: Batista suspended the 1940 Constitution and revoked most political liberties, including the right to strike. #TheResistance
Batista aligned with the wealthiest landowners who owned the largest sugar plantations, & presided over a stagnating economy that widened the gap between rich and poor Cubans. Eventually it reached the point where most of the sugar industry was in U.S. hands. #TheResistance /2
The American Mafia controlled the drug, gambling, and prostitution businesses in Havana, and with large U.S.-based multinational companies who were awarded lucrative contracts.
Washington’s farewell speech, shared through newspapers and pamphlets, gave a call to action to Americans to end dissent between the political parties and to end polarization in the West, North and South.
Yesterday, as Trump was ranting about “shithole countries,” I was in a county courthouse in Georgia looking at a death certificate for a black man who died in 1930. I watched the courthouse employees’ faces... 1/
closely as they read the cause of death “Unlawful act.” Their confused looks confirmed what I suspected; they had never seen such a vague description listed as a cause of death. They clearly did not know about the incident that occurred there 88 years before, even though it 2/
had been the focus of national news for weeks back in 1930. “It was a lynching” I explained, pointing to the word scribbled in parenthesis on the document. I had them pull another death certificate; this one for a white 16 year-old girl who had died one day prior to the man. 3/
Some things in the first year were fun: meeting like-minded people, the #scifi characters, learning how to take effective action. Celebrating #victories like beating the #ACA repeal bills.
A lot of it wasn't fun - the threats of nuclear war, the daily stress of bad news. 2
Follow parties were fun, and a good way to promote a message and raise awareness, connect with other resistors and grow our followings. They had themes and served a purpose and there was about about one a month. 3 #PartyWithAPurpose#trending#amplify#effective
1. There is a shift in #TheResistance. I felt it last night and see it growing today. The dog and pony show of Bannon and DT, the shockingly not shocking release of #FireAndFury combined with a GOP that isn't even pretending they aren't obstructing justice. It is sickening.
2. What we're feeling is the grim reality that the #GOP won't do anything to stop the assault on our country, our democracy and our people. There is no *BOOM* moment, no worthy impeachable offense. Make no mistake, we will take Congress in 2018, but where will we be in a year?
3. Some damage can be undone with time and effort, some damage will scar us forever. The damage of an electorate without a voice, living at the mercy of 'representation' that flagrantly believes it is above the law is permanent damage to our country.
1. Those who follow my work know I believe that the Trump candidacy and win was orchestrated through a combined effort of the alt-Right and Russia. Further I believe it was planned for Bannon to turn on DT and Pied-Pieper away with the "true" deplorables after wrecking the GOP.
2. What I do find myself wondering is how Bannon and Mercer planned to avoid legal scrutiny in the event of an investigation like Mueller's -which I've little doubt they would have anticipated, perhaps even counted on as it creates more chaos and division.
3. It's worth noting that though Mueller has interviewed Lewandowski, Manafort, even Hicks...Bannon, Mercer and Conway are conspicuously absent from the investigation so far (at least publicly). In fact, interest in Cambridge Analytica has been surprisingly minimal.
Clearly the US is under a counter-intel (CI) attack. But what is CI and how does it function? Let's look at the overall picture, and some specific case-studies. #RussianPropaganda on social media is a form of offensive CI, which #TheResistance intends to counter.