I'm for the Party that embraces the diversity of our land, and the uniqueness of every State.
I'm about to explain why I refuse to promote those bluntly pushing anti-Democrat rhetoric while hypocritically setting higher standards for our candidates than theirs.
2/As a Democrat, I accept the notion that Liberals tacking more center are still better allies in Congress than Republicans.
I grasp the importance that more center Liberals are more open to work with Democrats pushing for incremental Change that benefits all of us, ie Progress.
3/I also understand our contemporary History.
How we lost seats because those "Liberals" sacrificed everything in order to push for Universal Healthcare, LGBTQ Rights in the military & the right to marry, protecting Dreamers, and so many Rights some don't deem of importance.
TRUMP CHANGED HIS HEADER PHOTO… again. It may sound silly to mention it, but it IS important. Here’s why… (Thread)
We focus on his tweets – which is reasonable, considering how they could affect the entire frig'n planet – but when it comes to his header photos, we should 1/16
remember the old saying “A picture is worth a thousand words.” Trump spends an inordinate amount of time obsessing over his header photo. He’s like an adolescent teen, sometimes changing it twice in a week. His choices are telling. Let’s start at the beginning, for his first 2/16
header photo, Trump chose one of his inauguration… except that it was wasn’t his. The photo was taken during OBAMA'S inauguration. Trump changed it to a flag an hour later after being called out, & again after that, to one of himself gazing out the window, probably wishing 3/16
Reason 1 for optimism: We are all worried about Trump firing Mueller after, perhaps, he first fires Rosenstein. First, he is getting advised NOT to fire Rosenstein. By his own WH, & by many congressional GOP. newsweek.com/rosenstein-tru… 2/
Second, even if he fires Rosenstein, he may have to go through A LOT of DOJ people before he finds anyone willing to fire Mueller. Once you go below Sessions, the appointees like Wray, Rosenstein, are no shrinking violets, & not hardcore Trumpists. 3/
Yesterday, as Trump was ranting about “shithole countries,” I was in a county courthouse in Georgia looking at a death certificate for a black man who died in 1930. I watched the courthouse employees’ faces... 1/
closely as they read the cause of death “Unlawful act.” Their confused looks confirmed what I suspected; they had never seen such a vague description listed as a cause of death. They clearly did not know about the incident that occurred there 88 years before, even though it 2/
had been the focus of national news for weeks back in 1930. “It was a lynching” I explained, pointing to the word scribbled in parenthesis on the document. I had them pull another death certificate; this one for a white 16 year-old girl who had died one day prior to the man. 3/
1. It's 2018 and time to get #backtowork doing everything we can to elect #Democrats to Congress. Nothing is more important in the battle against the authoritarian slide we've witnessed this past year. Our vote is our voice and our power.
2. We formed Democrats Work For America to fill the gaps in the Dem party infrastructure by engaging, registering, protecting and mobilizing voters and by supporting winnable candidates in winnable districts. We are a super pac for grassroots activists by grassroots activists.
3. With grassroots volunteers all over the country we have fostered collaboration between grassroots organizations and ground-level action to increase voter education and turnout. We have won nearly all our featured elections so far.
Brace for battle.
As we turn the corner to 2018 the war for the hearts, minds, and votes of America will get more intense and target Resistance members directly.
Our grassroots movement is now the biggest threat to the goals of some very powerful special interests and people.
WE ARE THE FRONTLINE 2/
PSYOPS (psychological warfare) is a style of warfare that targets the minds of the adversary hoping to control thinking & behavior. It is VERY well understood in Russia (also by the Far-right) and it uses a range of proven techniques such as disinformation, and memetic warfare 3/
<thread> Despite the risk of ending up on some hit list or having men in black show up at my door, I am compelled to make these observations. We are approaching a point of no return in America, and I am not being melodramatic. /1
Donald & Republicans are systematically stripping away every check and balance we have. They are purging everyone who opposes their agenda. They are filling positions with Donald loyalists. They are rapidly turning our country into a dictatorship. /2
They are destroying documents. Denying science. Putting right-wingers in courts across the country. Deploying racist policies. Attacking our public education. Taking our healthcare. Raising our taxes. Silencing our free press. /3
1. Listen up @GOP@HouseGOP@SenateGOP! My entire life, every time #GOP takes control they break the economy. Every. Time. Clearly you don't learn from your mistakes, or just cave to the disgusting 'party over country' battle cries. Pay attention - this is why you fail.
2. Two consistent platform features push diametrically against each other. An adherence to the failed 'Trickle Down Economics' model & Deregulation. Your core desire for small government will result in failure of your economic plan every time. The #GOPTaxScam will be disasterous.
3. Your model fails because you stack the deck for those at the top and then sit back touting your laissez-faire foundation, just hoping your 'plan' is going to magically happen in a socially beneficial way - and, repeatedly, it doesn't. Why not?