Trump: Day 526
-120th Day at a Trump Golf Club
-163rd Day at a Trump Property
-Separation Policy Protested Against
-Lies About Not Pushing House Bill
-Appointing WH Lawyer as DEA Chief
-White House Called "Den of Deceit"
-FEMA Ends Puerto Rico Vouchers
Day 631 since Donald Trump admitted to sexual assault — yet he’s still in the Oval Office
Day 483 of NO EVIDENCE produced by Trump that his phones were tapped by Obama. #fakenews#TrumpLies
We celebrate every new child in the home because this marks a new beginning for the child. We open a new page for the child to write a self-story free from abuse, trauma, hunger and all that undermine a child's wellbeing and life fulfillment. #NewBeginning#HopeRising#Restart
For us, when we admit a new child, we get the opportunity to validate our belief that every child holds great promise if given just a chance. This is why we give them a hand to hold as they rise from the ruins of a turbulent childhood #NewBeginning#HopeRising
Hello my Tweeps! I am seeing a disturbing trend lately of good Resistance accounts being reported and suspended for very minor offenses. Me thinks this is the newest game of the trolls, baiting Resisters into reacting so they can group-report you! 1/
When a troll jumps on one of your threads, ask yourselves “Why?” Are they there to be blocked, or there to get a reaction? They WANT you to respond, to get angry, to slip up, so they can report you and get you shut down! Don’t let them!! Don’t give them ANYTHING to report! 2/
If you want to engage (a waste of time and energy, IMHO) be calm and polite. Added bonus, this drives them nuts!! 😸 But even better, JUST BLOCK! I personally entertain myself with posting a snarky meme AFTER I have blocked them, purely for the amusement of others! 😺😺3/
"Hillary Clinton Needs to Move On."
11 February 2018
They want her to shut up:
"Urge Hillary Clinton to Stop Talking."
- The Daily Mail
12 May 2018
Almost everyday someone, somewhere, is wringing their hands about something the former Democratic nominee for President has done or said.
The amount of ink spilt concern trolling Hillary Clinton's every move since 9 November 2016 is nauseating on a real physical level.
The game being played, of course, presently, is one of futures. It began almost as soon as the immiediate dust settled in 2016. The loss was her's & her's alone they lectured, and if she keeps recklessly blaming Russia then Democrats will lose & continue to lose.
I'm for the Party that embraces the diversity of our land, and the uniqueness of every State.
I'm about to explain why I refuse to promote those bluntly pushing anti-Democrat rhetoric while hypocritically setting higher standards for our candidates than theirs.
2/As a Democrat, I accept the notion that Liberals tacking more center are still better allies in Congress than Republicans.
I grasp the importance that more center Liberals are more open to work with Democrats pushing for incremental Change that benefits all of us, ie Progress.
3/I also understand our contemporary History.
How we lost seats because those "Liberals" sacrificed everything in order to push for Universal Healthcare, LGBTQ Rights in the military & the right to marry, protecting Dreamers, and so many Rights some don't deem of importance.
TRUMP CHANGED HIS HEADER PHOTO… again. It may sound silly to mention it, but it IS important. Here’s why… (Thread)
We focus on his tweets – which is reasonable, considering how they could affect the entire frig'n planet – but when it comes to his header photos, we should 1/16
remember the old saying “A picture is worth a thousand words.” Trump spends an inordinate amount of time obsessing over his header photo. He’s like an adolescent teen, sometimes changing it twice in a week. His choices are telling. Let’s start at the beginning, for his first 2/16
header photo, Trump chose one of his inauguration… except that it was wasn’t his. The photo was taken during OBAMA'S inauguration. Trump changed it to a flag an hour later after being called out, & again after that, to one of himself gazing out the window, probably wishing 3/16
Reason 1 for optimism: We are all worried about Trump firing Mueller after, perhaps, he first fires Rosenstein. First, he is getting advised NOT to fire Rosenstein. By his own WH, & by many congressional GOP. newsweek.com/rosenstein-tru… 2/
Second, even if he fires Rosenstein, he may have to go through A LOT of DOJ people before he finds anyone willing to fire Mueller. Once you go below Sessions, the appointees like Wray, Rosenstein, are no shrinking violets, & not hardcore Trumpists. 3/
Yesterday, as Trump was ranting about “shithole countries,” I was in a county courthouse in Georgia looking at a death certificate for a black man who died in 1930. I watched the courthouse employees’ faces... 1/
closely as they read the cause of death “Unlawful act.” Their confused looks confirmed what I suspected; they had never seen such a vague description listed as a cause of death. They clearly did not know about the incident that occurred there 88 years before, even though it 2/
had been the focus of national news for weeks back in 1930. “It was a lynching” I explained, pointing to the word scribbled in parenthesis on the document. I had them pull another death certificate; this one for a white 16 year-old girl who had died one day prior to the man. 3/
1. It's 2018 and time to get #backtowork doing everything we can to elect #Democrats to Congress. Nothing is more important in the battle against the authoritarian slide we've witnessed this past year. Our vote is our voice and our power.
2. We formed Democrats Work For America to fill the gaps in the Dem party infrastructure by engaging, registering, protecting and mobilizing voters and by supporting winnable candidates in winnable districts. We are a super pac for grassroots activists by grassroots activists.
3. With grassroots volunteers all over the country we have fostered collaboration between grassroots organizations and ground-level action to increase voter education and turnout. We have won nearly all our featured elections so far.
Brace for battle.
As we turn the corner to 2018 the war for the hearts, minds, and votes of America will get more intense and target Resistance members directly.
Our grassroots movement is now the biggest threat to the goals of some very powerful special interests and people.
WE ARE THE FRONTLINE 2/
PSYOPS (psychological warfare) is a style of warfare that targets the minds of the adversary hoping to control thinking & behavior. It is VERY well understood in Russia (also by the Far-right) and it uses a range of proven techniques such as disinformation, and memetic warfare 3/
<thread> Despite the risk of ending up on some hit list or having men in black show up at my door, I am compelled to make these observations. We are approaching a point of no return in America, and I am not being melodramatic. /1
Donald & Republicans are systematically stripping away every check and balance we have. They are purging everyone who opposes their agenda. They are filling positions with Donald loyalists. They are rapidly turning our country into a dictatorship. /2
They are destroying documents. Denying science. Putting right-wingers in courts across the country. Deploying racist policies. Attacking our public education. Taking our healthcare. Raising our taxes. Silencing our free press. /3
1. Listen up @GOP@HouseGOP@SenateGOP! My entire life, every time #GOP takes control they break the economy. Every. Time. Clearly you don't learn from your mistakes, or just cave to the disgusting 'party over country' battle cries. Pay attention - this is why you fail.
2. Two consistent platform features push diametrically against each other. An adherence to the failed 'Trickle Down Economics' model & Deregulation. Your core desire for small government will result in failure of your economic plan every time. The #GOPTaxScam will be disasterous.
3. Your model fails because you stack the deck for those at the top and then sit back touting your laissez-faire foundation, just hoping your 'plan' is going to magically happen in a socially beneficial way - and, repeatedly, it doesn't. Why not?
21. But if @mattblaze or anyone else has ideas for solving the chain of custody problem, please let me know. We cannot responsibly recommend or support the movement toward opscans with post-election HAND audits (rather than HAND counted elections) w/o tackling this issue.
22. Oh, and one more thing. Those post-election HAND audits must themselves be public and bipartisan or the public will have no reason to trust them.