1. It is time it is made clear that one limb of our constitution - the judicary - will be thrown into legal chaos on exit day. No ifs, no buts, no coconuts! We all know civilised society depends on a functioning legal system; we're unlikely to have that. #FBPE#lawlessBrexit#FBR
2. Brexit has created divisions in Parliament and the public domain. Regardless of whether someone is Pro-EU or Pro-Brexit, there are far-reaching aftereffects relevant to the UK’s exit that must be addressed to ensure continuity and legal certainty on and after exit day.
3. The UK leaving the EU poses a significant challenge not simply for the Government and Parliament but also for the legal systems in the four Nations; it is a legal undertaking of a type and scale that is unique and unprecedented. Its a nightmare. #ABTV#WATON
2. The legislative task presents at a national level offers an opportunity for Local Government to stake some claims. The local elections give US the opportunity to scuttle that plan. Put simply, Local Councilors have an eye on a bit of a power grab of their own here. #ABTV
3. Local authorities will have to take powers from Brussels (well, London) if Brexit plans are to be successful - the Govt doesn't have many options to implement the legislative power grab from our sovereign parliament - the task is just too vast. #ABTV
Now that we're in the middle of Russia's pathetic and obvious full-scale assault on the 2018 Midterms, I thought it would be helpful to share noticeable characteristics of Russian trolls & get your thoughts & observations.
Characteristics of Russian Troll Accounts:
2) Russian trolls have a difficult time keeping up with the radical changes in American politics. They'll constantly default to outdated attacks on Hillary Clinton.
3) Russian troll accounts will often have odd punctuation errors: double periods, double commas, odd spacing between words and punctuation. The Cyrillic alphabet used in Russia doesn't translate well, in spite of their best efforts.
a. The HoLs Constitution Committee stated the EUW Bill ‘risks fundamentally undermining legal certainty’. The statement echoes concerns that are reverberating through the UK legal system whilst being overlooked in the Brexit debate. Here are the issues: #FBPE#WATON#ABTV#Remain
b. The Committee’s view echoes mine: crucial sections of the Bill are ‘conceptually flawed’ & that ‘retained EU law’ should form part of an Act of Parliament on Brexit day in order to safeguard legal certainty.
c. There is an insidious fallacy from Brexiteers that we are returning sovereignty to Parliament and 'taking back control' of our laws. The harsh legal and constitutional reality of the Bill demonstrates this to be nothing but a fetish. We will be doing nothing of the sort. #FBR
Part 2 of Alt R MC’s hit list to frat #TeamPatriot offering $1 per Report & 5k bounty for permanent suspension. The list is from #TheResistance Robin Brenizer & Wooderson’s troll crew’s hit job website? Odd, WHY does TR & Alt-R want to SILENCE citizen journos? One Death already.
one of USA ramparts against isolation & a means to avoid wars; 7. worldwide US credibility, relevance & trustworthiness, even by staunch traditional allies, is at an all time low; 8. ppl whose only credentials are closeness to 45 are still in key positions & some have made wrong