Fmr Italian PM Gentiloni: Europe shld be against a new Cold War dynamic. We have a lot to lose.
[Best answer I hv heard someone give to this is that as democracies, we're ok with countries having diff views & don't want to force/impose a consensus]
Indian navy chief: not at the moment.
- unilateralism vs multilateralism (+ diff concepts of multilateralism)
- industry 4.0 vs jobs (benefits of 4th IR but, if era of jobless growth, how to maintain growth & social stability)
- science vs ethics
- the more narrow countries' concepts of nat'l interests, the more complicated future will be
- World to remain fragmented. Need to find groupings to tackle diff issues
- Europe future to depend on ability of EU to reform itself
[Me: And/or it could replace UK in the UNSC 😉]