Editor of The Planet: https://t.co/hkrtEuGINI Public Speaker| Podcaster | TEDx | Climate Change | Wildlife | Art | Energy-Water-Food | Sustainability 🌱
Nov 18 • 5 tweets • 7 min read
(1/5) The aims of #COP27 this year are especially important as the world faces enormous challenges like climate change, energy, water, and biodiversity loss. @SuntoryGlobal is committed to contributing to a better, cleaner, and more sustainable planet. #SuntoryPartner
(2/3) By the end of 2022, @SuntoryGlobal is aiming to switch to 100% purchased renewable electricity in all of their directly-owned manufacturing sites and R&D facilities in Japan, the Americas and Europe. Learn more: bit.ly/3UEj8DQ#COP27#environment#SuntoryPartner
Oct 5 • 20 tweets • 12 min read
(1) I love forests for their beauty, the peace and calm I feel when I walk on forest trails, and their role in preserving biodiversity and the climate.
Today, I was reminded twice how diverse other people's attitudes toward natural forests may be.
Start of a thread 🧵
(2) First, according to a BBC Panorama investigation, I learned that a firm that has received six billion pounds in green energy subsidies from UK taxpayers is cutting down forests that are essential to the Canadian ecology.
(1) Today's story was the destruction caused by Hurricane Ian in Florida. It is one of the strongest hurricanes ever to strike Florida, and in the coming days, we will learn more about the damage and victims.
(2) Expect lots of shocking photos and heartbreaking videos on social media that will remind us of the power of nature, specifically when boosted by the additional energy we have trapped in the system.
2. Traditions can alienate you if you don't feel part of it. So in my efforts to blend in with the Canadians, I searched the internet to explain #Halloween and found that we have to go back into history as I so often do in The Planet newsletter.