1. Jesus described this #ElectionDay :
This generation...is like children sitting in the marketplaces and
calling to their companions, and
saying: ‘We played the flute for you,
And you did not dance;
We mourned to you,
And you did not lament.’
1/4 Corporate leadership signals to investors matter. Typically: little on material issues, woefully scripted Q&A. Recent investor earnings calls provide interesting lessons in contrast (hope x 2, despair x 1) - highlights of closing comments of recent calls follow. #leadership
2/4 @PepsiCo outgoing CEO @IndraNooyi shows how PEP used purpose + sustainability to deliver responsible growth, balancing short/long term; could have taken potshots at those who trashed long term, healthier shift, instead graceful, purposeful in last earnings call. #inspired
3/4 @Tesla gives last word to CFO Deepak Ahuja who again repeats @elonmusk comments that value creation is thanks to employee, customer + investor belief in "vision of accelerating the world's transition to sustainable energy". Yes, that was the CFO speaking. #visionary
You may not need a 50 page business plan but you need to have a PLAN that outlines your business model, your value proposition & method of reward for yourself and those the support your business. #EntrepreneurLIFE
2. Don't spending unnecessarily
If you are going to make it rain, make sure you have seed planted in the field.
You'll want to make more than you spend. Plan your spending just as much as you plan your income.
3. Stop trying to do everything yourself.
There is so much you can do on your own - learn to delegate.
Do what you are great at and delegate the rest to others who are better than you at what you are not great at.
Delegate and you'll get further than you can on your own.
This all started because the #MetPolice & #LBRUT couldn't do their jobs properly & then decided to take the law into their own hands. The result of this decision has led to events stranger than fiction
My company was raided. It should have been a straightforward matter. But the #MetPolice & #LBRUT forgot to seize my computer & came back to do a 2nd raid. The search warrant didn't permit a second entry, however, #LBRUT entered unlawfully
Complaints were then made to my MP #VinceCable. He liaised with the #Metpolice & #LBRUT. And then weeks later, the search warrant was completely changed & was passed off as the search warrant executed on the day of the raids.
What do you do when you disagree with someone ? ... How do you handle a different perspective? ... I check we are talking about the same thing... consider the logic and evidence and finally stress test their conclusions...
I did that and I disagreed with @CarolineLucas my leader
#Adecco did everything to try to avoid confirming my mother's attendance even going to the lengths of calling #MetPolice to arrest her
If someone's house gets burgled, the #metpolice haven't got the resources to turn up. However, if you request a confirmation letter at #Adecco which you require for #DWP, then @metpoliceuk are quick on the scene
Here's a short list of key, NON-technical skills and trainings for CISOs and those who aspire to be a #CISO. Tech skills are important, but most #cybersecurity pros who reach senior positions will succeed or fail based on so-called "soft skills" (I hate that phrase). #CISOSkills
1. Management skills. When I interview manager candidates, I ask "What's your management framework?" There's no ONE right answer, but you should have SOME formal system for managing. My favorite is Situational #Leadership@sitlead_cls. Their multi-day training is 🔥🔥 #CISOSkills
Situational Leadership defines leadership as "influencing people". The model works in influencing up, down, & laterally. We put ALL our managers through this. Their 360 process will show you how your leadership style is perceived by coworkers and direct reports. #CISOSkills
.@SpeakerRyan downplays Russian interference: "It is clear that it didn't have a material effect on our elections." (That assertion is not in fact clear at all.)
Ryan dodges question about if House Republicans made mistake by publicly questioning intel community's conclusion about Russian interference, then dodges question about whether Trump's kowtowing to Putin suggests Republicans should stop attacking Mueller so much. #leadership
Welcome to #NATO 101. Lesson 1
"The mere lack of #military#power is, in itself, not enough to cause a nation to lose its position vis-à-vis other states. That only happens when the people lose their individual integrity and the country gradually loses its national #integrity...
#NATO 101, Lesson 2
"No-one wants to cooperate with a country that has lost its integrity. [Even when] other countries have dealt unreasonably... who would want to damage the amity extant between [us, just by] sticking up for a state that has no national #integrity to begin with?
1) Hard times are often blessings in disguise. Let go and let life strengthen you. No matter how much it hurts, hold your head up and keep going. This is an important lesson to remember when you’re having a rough day, a bad month, or a crappy year. Truth be told,
2) sometimes the hardest lessons to learn are the ones your spirit needs most. Your past was never a mistake if you learned from it. So take all the crazy experiences and lessons and place them in a box labeled “Thank You.''
1) We are each a spark of the Divine. Worthy as ever. And yet, sometimes we lose sight of our inherent value. That inner voice can become muffled by the narratives we play over and over in our mind. What are the messages that wear us down? In this moment, let’s challenge them.
2) What has caused us to forget that we are deserving? In this moment, let’s remind ourselves that our capacity for growth and strength is incredible. How can we reframe our experiences and begin viewing our lives from a more elevated perspective?
3) Are we ready to stop buying into old thoughts patterns and start trusting more empowering ones? Know this – there is so much more in store for you. The more we begin to believe this, with God’s help, the sooner we will receive what we hope, pray, and strive for. #believe
THREAD: As some of you know, I’m currently taking a master’s course in Crisis & Emergency Risk Communication. I’m absolutely fascinated by this subject & have a newfound passion. I'd like to share some things I've learned & found interesting or useful.
These tidbits will come from either Steven Fink’s book: Crisis Communications: The Definitive Guide to Managing the Message, or the 4th Edition of Effective Crisis Communication: Moving from Crisis to Opportunity (Ulmer, Sallow, & Seeger), referred to as (USS)
There may be a few items from other resources, but I will link to those in that particular tweet.
Okay, are you ready for some super interesting pieces of information and advice on how to effectively communicate in a crisis? Here we go! #buckleup