Blocking accounts (trolls & bots) thread
A lot of #remain ers don't really understand the situation they are facing on Twitter, they see an online debate where #Leave and #Remain put their points forward and whoever has the best logic wins.
#AltAltGov: Why Fonts Where Uppercase "I" Looks Like Lowercase "L" Are Stupid
Earlier this morning, a curious response to a @LalaBova tweet from a @PalmerReport doppelganger (@PaImerReport - uses an uppercase "I" in place of a lowercase "L") crossed our radar.
This isn't the first time we've noticed an account like this in recent history. Here's an example of an interaction between @propornot and @AIt_uscis - once again, an uppercase "I" instead lowercase "L".
Trump: Day 526
-120th Day at a Trump Golf Club
-163rd Day at a Trump Property
-Separation Policy Protested Against
-Lies About Not Pushing House Bill
-Appointing WH Lawyer as DEA Chief
-White House Called "Den of Deceit"
-FEMA Ends Puerto Rico Vouchers
Day 631 since Donald Trump admitted to sexual assault — yet he’s still in the Oval Office
Day 483 of NO EVIDENCE produced by Trump that his phones were tapped by Obama. #fakenews#TrumpLies
Ok Twitter, time to stop pretending that @realDonaldTrump and the #TrumpAdministration are stupid, naive or otherwise dim. Here's the reality #BlueWave/#Democrats; they are ruthlessly intelligent and deceitful. They are actively setting up measures to remove civil liberties. (1)
They're setting up measures to remove freedoms, in the long term, by using measures that their own base, for the time being, perceive, through rigorous #PropagandaMedia like @BreitbartNews, @FoxNews, and @infowars, as critical to the #MAGA plan, like cost cutting. Here's how: (2)
The next stage of the process will be to strip education funding for lower and middle-class Americans who cannot otherwise afford it. This is already well underway, with @BetsyDeVosED spearheading the movement. When you siphon off collective knowledge, you breed #ignorance. (3)
1.#A50Challenge disputes the govt's claims that a 'decision' to leave the EU has been made 'in accordance with [our] constitutional requirements'. The underlying assumptions of that decision haven't been tested in court. THREAD explaining why the ref result isn't a decision #FBPE
2. In 2011 the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act was legislated during the 1st Cameroon govt. It was unique as it was a 'madatory' referendum. The same administration legislated for the Referendum Act 2015 as an 'advisory' ref; 2011 bound parliament 2015 didn't.
3. The 1975 ref process was different. It was, what's termed as, a post-legislative ref. In other words, Parliament voted for EC membership, then legislated for the Referendum Act 1975. The assent of the people (67% to 33%) then made that result binding; theoretically.
Time for a little #ThrowbackThursday
First,a poll. Did you know that current CPC leader Andrew Scheer (affectionately known to some as “Little Andrew”) was once the Speaker of the Canadian House of Commons under ex-pm Stephen Harper?
Did you know that as speaker, Andrew Scheer was a CLIENT of a firm he was asked to make a ruling on regarding an alleged breach of parliamentary privilege (robocalling into opposition MP Irwin Cutler’s riding, making false statements). Reference: CBC article Dec 4, 2011
Did you know that the firm hired by now CPC leader Andrew Scheer (Campaign Research) was hired by at least 39 Conservative candidates during that time? That list will be added to this thread a little bit later ...
1. It is time it is made clear that one limb of our constitution - the judicary - will be thrown into legal chaos on exit day. No ifs, no buts, no coconuts! We all know civilised society depends on a functioning legal system; we're unlikely to have that. #FBPE#lawlessBrexit#FBR
2. Brexit has created divisions in Parliament and the public domain. Regardless of whether someone is Pro-EU or Pro-Brexit, there are far-reaching aftereffects relevant to the UK’s exit that must be addressed to ensure continuity and legal certainty on and after exit day.
3. The UK leaving the EU poses a significant challenge not simply for the Government and Parliament but also for the legal systems in the four Nations; it is a legal undertaking of a type and scale that is unique and unprecedented. Its a nightmare. #ABTV#WATON
2. The legislative task presents at a national level offers an opportunity for Local Government to stake some claims. The local elections give US the opportunity to scuttle that plan. Put simply, Local Councilors have an eye on a bit of a power grab of their own here. #ABTV
3. Local authorities will have to take powers from Brussels (well, London) if Brexit plans are to be successful - the Govt doesn't have many options to implement the legislative power grab from our sovereign parliament - the task is just too vast. #ABTV
a. The HoLs Constitution Committee stated the EUW Bill ‘risks fundamentally undermining legal certainty’. The statement echoes concerns that are reverberating through the UK legal system whilst being overlooked in the Brexit debate. Here are the issues: #FBPE#WATON#ABTV#Remain
b. The Committee’s view echoes mine: crucial sections of the Bill are ‘conceptually flawed’ & that ‘retained EU law’ should form part of an Act of Parliament on Brexit day in order to safeguard legal certainty.
c. There is an insidious fallacy from Brexiteers that we are returning sovereignty to Parliament and 'taking back control' of our laws. The harsh legal and constitutional reality of the Bill demonstrates this to be nothing but a fetish. We will be doing nothing of the sort. #FBR
Wow. Glad that my most viewed tweet is about the ghoulish heartlessness of the NRA. Such an important topic.
If you're the #Resistance, or oppose the NRA's lethal influence, or just want to see my #NotesToLogan (for my son, in case my cancer gets jumpy), please follow me. #FBR
I hope that I see many of you in 2 weeks at the #MarchForOurLives. My wife and I will be marching with our six year old boy. With him and for him.
Part 2 of Alt R MC’s hit list to frat #TeamPatriot offering $1 per Report & 5k bounty for permanent suspension. The list is from #TheResistance Robin Brenizer & Wooderson’s troll crew’s hit job website? Odd, WHY does TR & Alt-R want to SILENCE citizen journos? One Death already.
one of USA ramparts against isolation & a means to avoid wars; 7. worldwide US credibility, relevance & trustworthiness, even by staunch traditional allies, is at an all time low; 8. ppl whose only credentials are closeness to 45 are still in key positions & some have made wrong