Trump: Day 638
-Calls Saudi 'Fist Fight' Story Credible
-Pulling Out of Nuclear Forces Treaty
-Seeks Another Large Scale Tax Cut
-Replies 2 Reporter "Don't be a Baby"
-Judicial Nominees Withholding Info
-Sinclair Orders Pro-GOP Segments
-Held 3rd Campaign Rally in 3 Days
Day 743 since Donald Trump admitted to sexual assault — yet he’s still in the Oval Office
Day 594 of NO EVIDENCE produced by Trump that his phones were tapped by Obama.
The FISA warrant Trump referenced targeted Carter Page. #TrumpLies
You are something else - yes, you, the one reading this tweet. You don't even know what you're doing, or the significance of it, but take a moment, read this thread, and pat yourself on the back.
(1 of 8)
YOU have risen up to #resist. Without any centralized or organizational foundation, you helped grow a massive online movement. Through #FBRParty#FBR and other hashtag advocacy, you did this.
(2 of 8)
YOU have created an international coalition, bringing together a diverse group of people who are raising up to demand change, not just here in America but across the world. You have inspired people to speak up.
(3 of 8)
What I tweeted about earlier. This tweet from Rick Scott keeps appearing in my feed because someone likes it. Look who liked this and their profile. Look at the bio description #TheResistance. I never followed this account. I am now following it.
This is the 5th time that Rick Scott tweet appeared in my feed today. For months I told you guys about these fake #Resistance & #FBR lists. For months I kept warning you guys about how there was something not right about those threads and to be on the lookout for them.
This is why I kept saying to keep me off these lists. Was I following accounts back in the beginning, yes. Until I saw the pattern of bots and trolls many months ago. Then I started calling it out. How many of you guys followed these accounts back as well & kept doing it?
This thread is to arm fellow European British with essential info about our POSSIBLE future relationship with the WTO and what it would mean for the UK in a no deal situation. Use it to rebut Brexiteer disengenuity and nonsense on the matter - facts matter. /1 #FBPE#WATON#FBR
WTO RULES state that you can’t treat other nations more favourably in trade deals. So, the EU be in breach of their own international Treaties to accept the Chequers Accord. This is highly unlikely; they’d have to make these same allowances for more than 50 other countries. /2
Central to WTO rules is, to trade favourably, then a country must have a hard border to control good entering & leaving the country (as ratified by all 164 WTO members). S.10 of the EUWA18 makes this impossible: the UK can’t create a hard border in Ireland (protecting the GFA)./3
There is a principal issue underlying the case that poses a simple question: is a lawful, free and fair vote one of the constitutional requirements of the UK? It's asked after 2 Electoral Commission (EC) Reports found that illegality & corruption dogged the ref campaign. /2
Let me make this clear. The EC findings were to the criminal standard of proof (beyond reasonable doubt) & serious offences were committed by the designated campaign for leaving the EU (& others), in breach of the statutory framework established by Parliament for the ref. /3
Facts: If you come at me with some bullshit insult or some condescending attitude, be prepared for me to snap back at you. I don't go into anyone's mentions. I don't quote tweet folk. I don't reply to people's tweets unless it's a verified account. I don't look for folk's tweets.
I stay on my page. If a tweet shows up anywhere in my feed and I don't agree, I keep my happy ass moving. Learn to do the same. And if you think I'm gonna sit here quietly and not answer your insults back with fire you found the wrong one. Keep your shit elsewhere.
I reiterate a tweet from a few months ago. Please keep me off these Follow Back Resistance lists. Most accounts coming at me are ones who followed me recently & have #FBR or #Resistance on their profiles. Their only purpose in following folk is to be combatative & to troll folk.
2. A fundamental principle of the common law is that votes can be declared void for substantial irregularity. If irregularity affects the result of an election it is by itself enough to compel the tribunal to declare the election void.
3. The result doesn't need to be affected. Only a ‘substantial departure’ from the rules, or the election being ‘conducted so badly that it was not substantially in accordance with the law’ is needed to void the ballot.
1. This is a good time to revisit the importance of due-diligence on social media, particularly as it relates to spheres of influence within political Twitter. In these times of chaos, anger and desperation, we are particularly vulnerable to misinformation.
2. The rallying cry of #TheResistance, increasing activism and growing civic involvement is a good thing. But, accepting the information presented by anyone with an #FBR or posting bias-confirming information is dangerous. As with any collective, beware of questionable actors.
3. It's a problem that's more complex than identifying bots and trolls, "chaos" agents and "deza" - the latter being designations easily weaponized and that should immediately trigger healthy skepticism. Particularly when the accuser has a history of using these labels.
First, are these hashtags being pushed by botnets? We tested for some traits associated with bots (24/7 operation, use of automation services, default profile pic). The hashtags from the indictment score higher across the board than the #Resistance ones.
Blocking accounts (trolls & bots) thread
A lot of #remain ers don't really understand the situation they are facing on Twitter, they see an online debate where #Leave and #Remain put their points forward and whoever has the best logic wins.
#AltAltGov: Why Fonts Where Uppercase "I" Looks Like Lowercase "L" Are Stupid
Earlier this morning, a curious response to a @LalaBova tweet from a @PalmerReport doppelganger (@PaImerReport - uses an uppercase "I" in place of a lowercase "L") crossed our radar.
This isn't the first time we've noticed an account like this in recent history. Here's an example of an interaction between @propornot and @AIt_uscis - once again, an uppercase "I" instead lowercase "L".
Trump: Day 526
-120th Day at a Trump Golf Club
-163rd Day at a Trump Property
-Separation Policy Protested Against
-Lies About Not Pushing House Bill
-Appointing WH Lawyer as DEA Chief
-White House Called "Den of Deceit"
-FEMA Ends Puerto Rico Vouchers
Day 631 since Donald Trump admitted to sexual assault — yet he’s still in the Oval Office
Day 483 of NO EVIDENCE produced by Trump that his phones were tapped by Obama. #fakenews#TrumpLies
I've been thinking about this whole #FBR thing and have some thoughts. I've had the good fortune to "meet" many of you here on Twitter and am honored to call you friends even if I've never met you personally... HOWEVER, I need to say: I find that the sheep...
...mentality and intellectual dishonesty is every bit as pervasive, and every bit as disturbing as on the right. Kids in cages, ripped from their families evil right? It's terrible of course. But let's not pretend this is a brand new thing, and exclusive to Trump. Some...
of those heart rending photos were taken back in 2014. Fact: they were published by AP in June 2014. How about Elian Gonzalez? Fact is it's been going on under every President since Clinton and before. How about Japanese families under Democrat idol FDR? Or the Jews fleeing...
Ok Twitter, time to stop pretending that @realDonaldTrump and the #TrumpAdministration are stupid, naive or otherwise dim. Here's the reality #BlueWave/#Democrats; they are ruthlessly intelligent and deceitful. They are actively setting up measures to remove civil liberties. (1)
They're setting up measures to remove freedoms, in the long term, by using measures that their own base, for the time being, perceive, through rigorous #PropagandaMedia like @BreitbartNews, @FoxNews, and @infowars, as critical to the #MAGA plan, like cost cutting. Here's how: (2)
The next stage of the process will be to strip education funding for lower and middle-class Americans who cannot otherwise afford it. This is already well underway, with @BetsyDeVosED spearheading the movement. When you siphon off collective knowledge, you breed #ignorance. (3)
1.#A50Challenge disputes the govt's claims that a 'decision' to leave the EU has been made 'in accordance with [our] constitutional requirements'. The underlying assumptions of that decision haven't been tested in court. THREAD explaining why the ref result isn't a decision #FBPE
2. In 2011 the Parliamentary Voting System and Constituencies Act was legislated during the 1st Cameroon govt. It was unique as it was a 'madatory' referendum. The same administration legislated for the Referendum Act 2015 as an 'advisory' ref; 2011 bound parliament 2015 didn't.
3. The 1975 ref process was different. It was, what's termed as, a post-legislative ref. In other words, Parliament voted for EC membership, then legislated for the Referendum Act 1975. The assent of the people (67% to 33%) then made that result binding; theoretically.
Time for a little #ThrowbackThursday
First,a poll. Did you know that current CPC leader Andrew Scheer (affectionately known to some as “Little Andrew”) was once the Speaker of the Canadian House of Commons under ex-pm Stephen Harper?
Did you know that as speaker, Andrew Scheer was a CLIENT of a firm he was asked to make a ruling on regarding an alleged breach of parliamentary privilege (robocalling into opposition MP Irwin Cutler’s riding, making false statements). Reference: CBC article Dec 4, 2011
Did you know that the firm hired by now CPC leader Andrew Scheer (Campaign Research) was hired by at least 39 Conservative candidates during that time? That list will be added to this thread a little bit later ...
1. It is time it is made clear that one limb of our constitution - the judicary - will be thrown into legal chaos on exit day. No ifs, no buts, no coconuts! We all know civilised society depends on a functioning legal system; we're unlikely to have that. #FBPE#lawlessBrexit#FBR
2. Brexit has created divisions in Parliament and the public domain. Regardless of whether someone is Pro-EU or Pro-Brexit, there are far-reaching aftereffects relevant to the UK’s exit that must be addressed to ensure continuity and legal certainty on and after exit day.
3. The UK leaving the EU poses a significant challenge not simply for the Government and Parliament but also for the legal systems in the four Nations; it is a legal undertaking of a type and scale that is unique and unprecedented. Its a nightmare. #ABTV#WATON