I suppose we can safely say that now #TheFrighteners have been so successfully and publicly put on a certain sector their combined angst will spew a diarrhoea of spin & warp whilst trying to use THAT VERY THING to generate $£Es Some with automated AdTech software already bought.
2/ Some bought by gormless companies, by mistake, some in full knowledge or partial knowledge of what it could do. It will be interesting as time goes on to see who apparently DIDN'T CARE about the likely instigation of its more negative 'dark' capabilities looking to 'side-step'
3/ or even 'wrong-foot' Irish & EU regulation standards, & possibly law. This too is a kind of #climatechange & #ClimateAction in itself, a would be mammoth untouchable iceberg of 'dominion' & 'control' being melted out into an ocean of citizens' scrutiny & advancement for change
2. First - what is epistemicide? It is the erasure, dismissal of culturally-situated ways of learning and knowing that would otherwise be critical to creating knowledge (in qualitative research). This occurs to center dominant discourses. #academictwitter#highered#phdadvice
3. At a conference, I met an emerging scholar of color, who is working on race and identity from his sociolcultural position, but he was working with theories that had nothing to do with his work (Read: Dead, white French guys). #AcademicTwitter#phdforum#educolor#highered#phd
"The 25 points of the NSDAP Program were composed by Adolf Hitler and Anton Drexler. They were publically presented on 24 February 1920 "to a crowd of almost 2K and every single point was accepted amid jubilant approval." (Mein Kampf, Volume II, Chapter I)
I recently talked with graduate students in a seminar on #teaching practices in #HigherEducation about how to design and teach a course when you are not an expert on all of the content--which is really what most teaching is. Here are the main takeaways for those interested. 1/
In my experience, there are four main mistakes that novices often make when designing and teaching a course for the first time.
First, they approach the task by venturing off on their own into the wilderness of literature on all of the topics they don't know well. 2/
In other words, they prepare for course design as if it is a qualifying exam, attempting to become experts on all of the topics that the course will/should/must cover. 3/
1. While revelations about sexual misconduct and assault are grabbing entertainment and political headlines, #HigherEducation leaders should be asking themselves about their own institutions.
2. There are over 3000 4 year degree granting institutions in the country and 1700 2 year institutions enrolling roughly 20 million students. Title IV institutions employ 3.9 million individuals.
3. @AAUniversities' 2015 climate survey showed that 23.1% of female undergraduates experienced "nonconsensual sexual contact by physical force, threats of physical force, or incapacitation since they enrolled at their university."