Bookstagram = Instagram for books. Duhhh..
Create yourself a user name. Write a bio. Admire the blank screen. 😊
Pick a username that matches your twitter or your blog. Or your name. IF YOU CAN. Obviously the user name you like might already be taken and you’ll have to be creative. But shortness is key.
People assume you have to have DSLR. You do not! You can affably use an iPhone or smartphone camera. But I will say, the better the quality, the more people are going to like your shots. If you take grainy photos.. eh. 😕
What does that even mean anyway?
Aesthetic - concerned with beauty or the appreciation of beauty. / an aesthetic object or a work of art is one that shows great beauty.
You don’t have to spend money on your bookstagram account if you don’t want to! After all those books are downright expensive by themselves.
Here are some free or cheap props ideas;
- ORIGAMI. Do origami. Simple one like lucky stars.
- YOUR BOOKSHELF. Use it as a backdrop.
- PAGES OF THINGS. Use ripped out pages of a very old browned book.
- ART SUPPLIES. You might not be an artist at all. But you can use all your colorful pens. They look fabulous in photo.
- FLOWERS. Fake flowers are the best.
- YOURSELF. You can use your face, your hands and your feet.
Now, how do you actually take the photos?
This is an excellent and mysterious question. I've shared some tips yesterday. But I will add more.
- NATURAL LIGHTING. Everyone says this but what does it mean? Take your photos near a window. Don’t use flash. Simple.
- FLAT-LAYS VS ANGLES. Why can’t we have both?
I’ve discovered that most bookstagrammers don’t edit their photos. Which is completely fine. But when you edit your photos, it will turn out nice. 😍
1. Make it brighter
2. Sharpen it up
3. Crop out anything unsavory and
4. Add a watermark
Watermarks are very optional. But if you wanna protect your photos at all cost, better use watermark.
It’s a GLORIOUS way for people to find your photos. Do not underestimate these. People browse them all the time and if you want new followers use hashtags.
Challenges are fun! They’re also inspiring when you don’t know what to take photos of. 😂
Just some more random Pro Tips from your favorite person (which is me) 😂