Ordering food online on a Sunday in Kingston, Jamaica at 7:00 pm.
A Jamaican Digital Marketer's rant.
By Adrian Anansi.
Called all the people I knew that were less likely to cook on a Sunday:
1: Order from the restaurant, get a taxi pick it up.
2. Use Cut di Line.
1. No Cash
2. I'm a 21st Digital Marketer that still doesn't trust online food delivery in JA
Logs on to Cut di Line:
- Not user-friendly (and I'm a digital marketer that can break down any site functionalities)
- I don't know where is open or closed
- I just don't trust spend my $$$ here and I'm uncomfortable in the first 15 secs of browsing the site
Searches for other local online food delivery company.
Ordaz Express and Cut di line still come up.
Ordaz Express site still not user-friendly
Digital Marketer mind: Work with Cut di line cause they're coming up on the first page of google.
5. Easy to adjust/change cart options
6. Ability to add special instructions to order
7. A smooth and simple card processing
8. Easy sign-up process.
9. Re-confirmation of order details, location after order complete.
10. Able to see order history
11. Able to call and confirm my order was received and all the information I put in was accurately received.
1. Improve user-experience on the website
2. Follow all the steps noted or contact a digital marketing specialist (like myself to work on building a strategy)
3. There's still a lot of tactics out there you can utilize to beat the competition.
Estimated Delivery time: 1 hr and 10 minutes.
Actual Delivery time: 7:38 pm
Under promised and over delivered!