THE FISA WARRANT ON CARTER PAGE WAS SO FAR BEYOND IN LEVEL OF PROOF THE TYPICAL SEARCH WARRANT THAT CRITICIZING IT IS OFFENSIVE.
Republican criticism of it *spits in the face* of *millions* of poor people.
1. ADMITTED to being a Kremlin advisor;
2. ADMITTED he'd given documents to Russian spies;
3. ADMITTED he'd previously been targeted by Russian spies as a promising Russian asset; and
4. PRESENTED in all respects as a man hiding something.
5. Were drawing from an intelligence source REPEATEDLY found to be reliable by the FBI;
6. REPEATEDLY received renewals of the warrant application, meaning a court found it had borne fruit.
But wait—that's not all.
7. Was ABSOLUTELY CLEAR with the FISA court that the new Page intel had been sought by an organization HOPING to find damaging information on Trump,
8. Was ABSOLUTELY CLEAR that the reliable source who COMPILED the intel did NOT know what it was for.
9. The agents who interviewed Page would have seen what EVERY CRIMINAL JUSTICE PROFESSIONAL can see is BLINDINGLY OBVIOUS, which is that this is an EASILY CORRUPTED MAN with SOMETHING BIG TO HIDE and absolutely NO sense of legal propriety.
10. The risk of getting this case WRONG was graver for the agents who worked on it than ANY OTHER CASE they'd EVER worked on—as no less than American democracy and sovereignty was (IS!) at stake. So the idea a warrant would've been rejected on these facts is INSANE.