Propongo di occuparci meno di #m5soldi e #salvinimmerda e confrontarci seriamente su quale #sinistra vogliamo costruire e saremmo “disposti a votare”.
Escluderei il #PDemocristiano dalla discussione ma cerco una realistica concretezza. -->
Vista la situazione, la via al socialismo/comunismo/anarchia è lontana (e occorre appunto RIcominciarla), ma dobbiamo cmq vivere noi e i nostri compagn* e figli in questa attualità e andrebbe bene anche meno schifo #nomasochismo.
Vorrei che ci rendessimo conto che, -->
pur fissando dei paletti ben precisi partendo dal riconosciuto fallimento delle politiche riformiste e neoliberiste, anche ogni purismo settario è anacronistico.
Voglio dire che chi ha votato #PaP#LeU o non ha votato, lo ha fatto proprio perché vuole una società diversa e, -->
A short thread: The insane glorification of overtime work.
1) It's such a Malaysian/Asian mentality to overwork staff. They're paid for 9-5, but are expected to work till 8 or 9 at least, be on call after, and work some weekends.
2) This is absolutely immoral. If a company wants its people to work those hours, they should damn well pay them for it. The system of praising people who do crazy overtime as "team players" and shaming people into doing it for free is basically glorified slave labour.
3) This is terrible for long-term productivity. People burn out, get alienated, disenchanted, etc. They end up with no time for interests outside work, and no time for personal development (which includes rest, relationships, reading, sports, etc).
In his analysis, Marx noted how the contradiction between #labor and #capital accounted for many of the social dynamics of #capitalism.
2. The contradiction does not necessarily mean #conflict, but tendencies that "pull" in different directions and are in a dialectical relation to each other.
The contradiction of labor/capital can be accommodated in different ways and with very different consequences.
3. I like how this notions focuses on changing social dynamics. In my own work on #land use of #Mengen speakers in #PapuaNewGuinea, I've used the notion of #contradiction, to think about social forces underpinning Mengen land ownership and use.
- I could hold up pictures of babies lying dead next to their mothers, in their diapers, all lying together, dead, ashen blue, open eyes & lifeless, white foam bubbling from their mouths & noses… the very definition of innocent, hiding in basements.