Our vertical wells in the US (Permian and N Dakota) are 70% recoverable with fracking and horizontal drilling. We have more oil, not enough pipelines, and not enough refineries. That’s why gas is still $2.85 National average.
The Russians need the Iranian oil to be pumped and piped through Syria to Russia so they can sell to Europe AND China. They built a Russian Chinese pipeline and the Russian oil supply hits peak at 2020. Without Iran supply they are screwed.
(3) “… Facebook announced that it removed hundreds of inauthentic pages, groups, and accounts on its platform that were used to ‘mislead others about who they were and what they were doing.’” arstechnica.com/tech-policy/20…
"This is his [Kerry's] entire career. He spent four of the past 50 years or so conducting official diplomacy on behalf of the United States and chunks of the rest of it conducting diplomacy on behalf of himself and his political allies."
"Negotiating with enemies with zero White House authority isn’t an aberration for him. It’s just sort of what John Kerry does. Imagine him waking up today, nearly 50 years into it, and finding out it’s 'very inappropriate.'"
Months ago I pointed out that if the EU didnt put down its foot and stop Trump from killing the #IranDeal, Trump would proceed to kill the next international agreement and then the next.
John Bolton's attack on ICC should be seen in that context.
2. Trump seeks to destroy the entire international system to bring us back to the law of the jungle. In his primitive thinking, such an international (dis)order will be to the benefit of the US (and Israel) because of their military strength.
3. That is utterly bizarre. Not only does this incentivize other countries to build up their militaries (making the world and the US less safe), but smart states use their strength today to establish rules that will protect them even when their relative strength wanes.
Iran's AEOI Chief, Salehi tells Iran-Newspaper that if #JCPOA collapses Iran will most likely will stop implementing the Additional Protocol of #NPT- Says he's not the decision maker on the issue and "higher officials" will make the final decision.
Salehi adds that according to FM Zarif, some inside the country believe that if #JCPOA is undermined, then #Iran must abandon the #NPT because Iran is not benefits from it Adds, there will be severe consequences for it that "I don't want to think about them," #IranDeal
Salehi says @realDonaldTrump 's personality encourages him to "undo anything that [President] Obama had done. @BarackObama was the first black person that could become US President& was able to resolve some of the important international issues such as Cuba, Climate Change& #Iran
Pres. Obama is right. It is wrong for a President to use divisive language, such as: 1. Call all opponents of same-sex marriage bigots 2. Call the Pro-Life movement a "War on Women" 3. Call all immigration enforcement advocates racists 4. Call the GOP the enemy of Hispanics
How about when he made a joke about former First Lady
Nancy Reagan conducting seances?
Barack Obama on people left behind by new economy: “And it’s not surprising then they get bitter,they cling to guns or religion or antipathy toward people who aren’t like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.”
- Turning his back on #Iran's 2009 uprising
- Allowing Assad gas innocent civilians in #Syria
- Selling off America's Middle East allies
- Bending over backwards to reach a highly flawed #IranDeal with Tehran's mullahs
Need I say more?
(2) What I remember about President Obama:
"the Obama administration derailed an ambitious law enforcement campaign targeting drug trafficking by the Iranian-backed terrorist group Hezbollah"
"Two high-level Iranian government backers, including a former Islamic Republic official and another accused of lobbying on Tehran's behalf, were hosted at the Obama White House for more than 30 meetings..." freebeacon.com/national-secur…
#BREAKING #Iran has given ballistic missiles to Shi’ite proxies in #Iraq and is developing the capacity to build more there to deter attacks on its interests in the Middle East and to give it the means to hit regional foes, Iranian, Iraqi and Western sources said.
Reuters: "According to three #Iranian officials, two Iraqi intelligence sources and two Western intelligence sources, Iran has transferred short-range ballistic missiles to allies in Iraq over the last few months." #IranDeal
The Zelzal, Fateh-110 and Zolfaqar missiles in question have ranges of about 200 km to 700 km, putting Saudi Arabia’s capital Riyadh or the #Israeli city of Tel Aviv within striking distance if the weapons were deployed in southern or western #Iraq.
2) 08/24/18 Police accompanied by sniffer dogs searched the homes of Argentina's former president Cristina Kirchner on Thursday as the investigation intensified into the so-called "notebooks" corruption scandal that has rocked the country. france24.com/en/20180824-ar…
(3) “International sanctions must have a lawful purpose, must be proportional, and must not harm the human rights of ordinary citizens, and none of these criteria is met in this case,” Jazairy stressed.
(2) “An indictment was returned today charging Ahmadreza Mohammadi-Doostdar, 38, a dual U.S.-Iranian citizen, and Majid Ghorbani, 59, an Iranian citizen and resident of California, with allegedly acting on behalf of the government of the Islamic Republic of Iran…”
(3) “… by conducting covert surveillance of Israeli and Jewish facilities in the United States, and collecting identifying information about American citizens and U.S. nationals who are members of the group Mujahedin-e Khalq (MEK).”
Watching #ZeroDays again ... #Stuxnet ... each time I know more about the story around this
It was Robert Gates that convinced the President in 2007 to place Information Warfare in the CIA (offensive cyber weapons), instead of the department of defense. Hence the CIA and NSA took control, along with US Cyber Command (controller by NSA).
NSA has no authority to launch a cyber attack, but it does have the ability
The US Cyber Command has authority to do a cyber attack (offense), but not the ability
USCC cleverly gives massive military cyber power to CIA and NSA
This is bad news for #Iran.
Amb. James Jeffrey knows first hand what #Iran's meddling is, having experienced it in #Iraq. He was under Obama's restrictions then.
Read this to know more about his views on the mullahs' malign activities. foreign.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/…
The Assad regime in Syria benefited from Iran’s financial windfall as a result of the implementation of the JCPOA, which translated into a marked increase in Iranian defense spending and the funding of its foreign military campaigns. securitystudies.org/assad-regimes-…
As result of the #IranDeal, $30 billion of Iranian assets were released, on top of $12.6 billion after the Geneva interim agreement, and the $400 million in cash the Obama administration paid to Iranian officials in exchange for the release of American hostages.
Iran’s military spending ballooned to $23B in 2017 representing 22% of government spending compared to 17% in 2014. Iran spends around $16B per year to maintain Assad & has extended a credit line of b/t $6.6B to $9B drawn on the state-run Export Development Bank of Iran.
(2) @ishaantharoor uses the phrase “renege on American commitments under the nuclear accord.”
Of course, no mentioning of #Iran’s long slate of #IranDeal violations.
(3) Here’s just one example:
“Iran has ‘violated the deal on many occasions,’ according to Albright, who outlined efforts to avoid verification requirements and exceed the limits of heavy water, another nuclear byproduct.” freebeacon.com/national-secur…