As a historian specializing in the #Holocaust, #Nazi Germany, and #Europe in the era of the world wars, I have been repeatedly asked about the degree to which the current situation in the United States resembles the interwar period and the rise of #fascism in Europe.
I would note several troubling similarities and one important but equally troubling difference.
In the 1920s, the US pursued #isolationism in foreign #policy and rejected participation in international organizations like the League of Nations.
Sur le dossier #CoréeduNord, #Trump continue de se bercer d'illusions mensongères- et bientôt perdues?Oui, #KimJongUn est bien d'accord pour ce qu'énonce le président US...à condition que les #EtatsUnis fassent le 1er pas, c.a.d fassent 1 traité de paix pour la guerre de Corée.RT
2) Pour l'heure, la comédie se poursuit car les 3 protagonistes ont intérêt d'y jouer: avant les #midterms,#Trump DOIT entretenir le récit de négociations se poursuivant. #KimJongUn fait preuve de bonne volonté pour complaire à la Chine. Et le sud-coréen #Moon a son rapprochement
3) Depuis le début de ce dossier #CoréeduNord, 1 question par définition sans réponse: pourquoi #KimJongUn, instruit des précédents Kadhafi et Hussein, détruirait-il les armes nucléaires et les vecteurs que son régime a mis tant d'argent et de volonté à bâtir? Non sens.
1/ Donald Trump gave this post-Summit Interview with George Stephanopoulos on Tuesday 12 June 2018. What follows is a partial nonverbal analysis focusing on some specific body language deviations which the President displayed.
2/ A few hours earlier, Trump and Kim had signed a document - officially titled: "Joint Statement of President Donald J. Trump of the United States of America and Chairman Kim Jong Un of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea at the Singapore Summit".
1/ In a meeting many thought would never happen, Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un made history in Singapore on Tuesday. What follows is a nonverbal analysis of their initial handshake.
2/ In this first moment leading up to their handshake, Donald Trump is the first to extend his hand as he is walking toward Kim Jong-un. This is a good body language tactic - for it projects initiative, strength, and an overall alpha-tone.
8-9 months ago, #Trump said he’d destroy #NorthKorea.. today, he is giving #KimJongUn - the leader of a truly horrific, horrendously brutal regime - the greatest opportunity he could have dreamed of. #SingaporeSummit
That’s what you get when vanity drives your foreign policy.
#Trump got out an iPad & showed #KimJongUn a fake movie trailer showing them both as the bearers of world peace.
- “Two men, two leaders, one destiny…”
I kid you not.
Acc. to the @nytimes, this isn't a Chinese proverb at all.
2) En effet, on a vu de nouveau le président #Macron et le PM canadien #Trudeau revenir à la stratégie #compol des démonstrations d'affection et de dialogue amical, mises en scène pour l'opinion publique, afin de fléchir 1 #Trump qui les accueille poliment SANS s'engager sur rien
As a Marine Veteran, I promise you the entire military has been weakened because of this.
Not because that exercise was a crucial part of their training—but because they see that their commander is a capitulating, whiny little bitch. #Trump#UnfitForOffice cnbc.com/2018/05/18/us-…
I’ve seen a number of comments saying this is a good thing because of the high price tag of these exercises.
That may be the case.
But this action wasn’t done to save money—it was done to save Trump’s shot at a Nobel.
And that’s not at all a “good thing.”
What this shows is that #Trump’s ego has become a tactical advantage for our enemies.
His desire for adulation is being weaponized by the world’s dictators—potentially, at great cost to the safety and security of our allies. #KoreanPeninsula#MilitaryExercises #KimJongUn
2) #Breaking Au-delà de l'ironie trop facile, il se peut aussi que #KimJongUn entame réellement, au delà des opérations de fanfreluche #compol, la phase de négociations avec #Trump. Et la fin des exercices US/Corée du Sud a toujours été sur la table. RT+
3)#Breaking Ne pas oublier que #KimJongUn regarde AUSSI la TV US et a très bien compris:
a) l'importance du sommet du 12 juin pour la crédibilité et la popularité de #Trump
b) Tout ce que les #EtatsUnis étaient déjà prêts à lâcher (cf. déclarations de #Pompeo).
Consider: 1. #Trump says he wants out of #Syria. 2. #Assad has essentially won. Why create an event to draw a response? 3. Immediately after Trump tweets about leaving Syria, there is a #ChemicalAttack. 4. #Israel attacks Syria last night.
2/ Anyone who has been following things can see that the #DeepState wants #War.
and worse (depopulation).
Too hard to believe? Look at the patterns (now and in the past)...do they fit?
3/ #Trump works out a deal w/#NK (back in November)...after our October bombing took out their major nuclear facility and 200 scientists.
As background, the #DeepState was using #NK as a puppet regime to hold us hostage...they wanted #WAR.
1/ Do not obey in advance. Do not acquiesce or conform to the new regime, offering to comply before compliance is required by law. Hitler's party consolidated power b/c too many citizens offered anticipatory obedience.
2/ Defend Institutions. Trump has aggressively sought to undermine all independent institution that opposes his admin, including the free press, the judiciary, DOJ, FBI, & #Mueller. Choose an institution you cherish and take its side.