2) Going into the game the Democrats were riding their #BlueWave of enthusiasm. They were so confident America was tired of all the lies and sordid behavior of Coach Trump that the Democrats could win the game easily.
3) They laughed at their good fortune every time a GOP player would pledge to work closely with their coach; such easy pickings.
As a historian specializing in the #Holocaust, #Nazi Germany, and #Europe in the era of the world wars, I have been repeatedly asked about the degree to which the current situation in the United States resembles the interwar period and the rise of #fascism in Europe.
I would note several troubling similarities and one important but equally troubling difference.
In the 1920s, the US pursued #isolationism in foreign #policy and rejected participation in international organizations like the League of Nations.
.@nikkihaley called today's urgent UN Security Council meeting on North Korea. She slammed #Russia for helping #NorthKorea violate sanctions AND for pressuring UN experts to alter an independent report implicating Russian actors in NK sanctions violations. nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s…
TASS reports UN Ambassador Nikki Haley also accused Russia of facilitating the assassination of Kim Jong-Nam by supplying North Korea with the nerve agent ("biological substances")
Mistranslation or disinformation from TASS?? Even Sputnik isn't reporting @NikkiHaley accusing Russia of 'facilitating' Kim Jong-nam assassination. Sputnik quotes her slamming Russia for blocking stronger North Korea sanctions on chemical & biological substances after the murder.
#President@realDonaldTrump's words, whether you accept his apology and his explanation, do not comport with his actions and his foreign policy toward #Russia. He has been one of the hardest presidents on Russia in recent memory.
Where was the outrage when @BarackObama told Medvedev to inform #Putin "After my election I have more flexibility,"? I think much of the outrage being expressed- especially by #Republicans- is politically motivated.
A few notes on this site: it's literally in a suburb of Pyongyang, close to Kim Il Sung's propagandized birthplace (Mangyongdae). It was "hiding" in plain site; it was not an underground site, contrary to earlier reports.
As noted in the article, there's good evidence that North Korea had started building & even operating it in the early 2000s. USIC took until 2010 to designate it a nuclear program-relevant site. That speaks to the difficulties of intelligence analysis & collection in North Korea.
SHORT THREAD on the upcoming #Helsinki summit b/n #Putin, @realDonaldTrump. 1. Amidst modest,if not low,expectations on the very deliverables of the meeting it's interesting to see public & back-channel efforts of #Moscow & #Washington to build the agenda for the summit.
3. There's plenty of speculation over what the two will agree on in #Syria - the topic likely to dominate the summit. That said, given what's happening now b/n #Rus#US diplomats it's clear they been tasked to elaborate on broader agenda to make the talks look substantive.
1-The evening of the 22nd of June, Miss #SarahSanders (#WH press secretary) went for dinner with her family to this little place called ‘The Red Hen’. It seems that she was unceremoniously kicked out &harassed some more all the way across the street to the next restaurant
2-It seems somehow this incident has created some sort of mob-mentality wanting to harass Miss Sanders that has gotten to a point in which she now needs protection.
3-What kind of person chases somebody down the street based solely on political opinions?
If u ever worked in a restaurant, u learn quickly that u have to deal with a lot of assholes &people you don’t like. You smile, curse them inwardly &hope you’ll never have to see them again
@realDonaldTrump@FoxNews Doesnt sound like IC thinks its a witch hunt. Will u acknowledge #Russia is STILL trying to disrupt our society? #IntelligenceCommittee hearing former IO said Russia was lingering abt USA n areas where they werent normally supposed 2b n '17 & arnd undergrnd fiber optic cables 1/
Urban (61%) and Rural (39%) households. Validation by forced re-interviews on one randomly selected household per cluster. Carried out with #DPRK Central Bureau of Statistics. Numbers are credible and match closely with other surveys (at least for childhood mortality rates)
99.7% on electricity grid 98.2 % with TV 30.3 % with refrigerator (19.4% rural)
63% have electric rice cooker (51% rural)
15.5% havewashing machine
75.5% have CD player (68.4% rural)
18.7% computer/tablet (8.3% rural)
66.4% mobile phone (48.1% rural) (89.7% PY)
are some of its members egregious human rights abusers? of course. it's comprised of member states of the UN, and it could do much better. until today it included the US, which separates children from parents at the border in violation of international law.
and yes, the Council condemns #Israel's behavior repeatedly, with multiple resolutions, upsetting many who may perceive this as disproportionate attention ohchr.org/EN/HRBodies/HR…
- They wanted us to do things only for ourselves, and actually look upon others with animosity.
- They wanted us to destroy the family, replacing it with slavery to the government.
(2) Look at the above two points, and figure out what that does to inheritance.
- They convinced baby boomers that their children should have to suffer, not have any financial means to live or own a home or have children or have a family.
(3) They actually convinced baby boomers that it is BAD to give their children inheritance. BOTH @AandGShow's Joe AND Jack complained as soon as they read it's becoming more common for children to consider it theft when their parents spend too much on unnecessary costly items.
On a trip to Seoul after #TrumpKimSummit, @SecPompeo tells reporters the US wants “major steps” on #NorthKorea disarmament in the next 2-2.5 years. Says engagement will begin “some time in the next week or so” to drive the process forward
On the omission of CVID from Joint Declaration, @SecPompeo said the use of the word “complete” encompassed both terms (verifiable & irreversible) “in the minds of everyone concerned.” Said he was “confident [the North Koreans] understand that there will be in-depth verification.”