2/ From September until December, @CEDRdigital (formerly known as @CrowdRescueHQ) worked 24/7 on different approaches to saving people's lives during Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria. #SundayMorning #AMJoy
3/ There are two named storms in the Atlantic right now.
Tropical Storm Chris & Tropical Storm Beryl.
One is hanging out off the coast of NC, the other is headed for the Lesser Antilles and Puerto Rico.
PR could be devastated even by a glancing blow of a cat 1. #SundayMorning
3) For over a hundred years you have forced your agenda down our throats and murdered those that threatened to expose you, manipulated the branches of government in order to get what you wanted. It's time you answered for your crimes.
This #SundayMorning we're tracking 2,000 migrant children separated from parents.
BP doesn't have them. DHS doesn't have them.
Where are they?
Many are in camps or centers. But some are in foster care & alarmingly, at Christian adoption agencies. #WhereAreTheChildren
(2) One of the truly horrifying things has been the lack of records associated with the zero-tolerance policy. There's been little effort to track children separated from parents & former HHS officials warned that separations might be permanent.
(3) This looks a lot like genocide. The systematic removal of children from a group is part of the UN definition of ethnic cleansing & it's been used to eradicate what some considered "inferior" races.
"To prevent non-Jews from attempting to enter the ghettos and from seeing the condition of daily life there for themselves, German authorities posted quarantine signs at the entrances, warning of the danger of contagious disease." -Holocaust Encyclopedia #SundayMorning #AMJoy
"They cast Germany as a victim or potential victim of foreign aggressors, as a peace-loving nation forced to take up arms to protect its populace or defend European civilization against Communism." -Holocaust Encyclopedia #SundayMorning #AMJoy ushmm.org/wlc/en/article…
I am tired. You are tired. I know. I do. We may have been prepared contextually through education (or not), but I believe the human body was not meant to endure witness of the type of horror we have seen... not over the last couple of weeks, and not throughout the last year.
I cried the whole d*** day yesterday. Great, big sobs of pain... of despair over what's happening (all of it)... of weariness over screaming repeatedly into a void... and of fear. Of what? I don't want to know.
I am not immune to feeling useless, and ineffective, and small.
This #SundayMorning let us remember the #Emanuel9. The 9 innocent people who were shot & killed by a man armed w a gun & filled w hate. Let us remember them. Let us ask for grace & remember what it was like to have a president who possessed the words to speak to our broken hearts
Do people not see a problem w/ timeline of Awan Bros Pakistani criminal network & what multiple law enforcement agencies, including FEDS, knew, what Congress members knew, what House OIG knew, what USAO knew & the collusion to cover this up?
2/2 Despite DNC breach, OIG report on Awans hacking networks, grand jury 4 bank fraud, $448,000 wires to PAKISTAN, Dem Caucus server/govt ipads stolen, Feds let Hina flee, everyone KNOWS about fed investigation & @DWStweets is ok w/ Imran leaving country? Bbbbut Russia? #WTF 🙄
Imran, under fed investigation 4 BANK FRAUD, grand jury Nov 2016, his accounts already being watched by feds & USAO, Congress & Capitol Police know from Sept OIG report about network breach BUT in Jan 2017 he can wire $448k to PAKISTAN & not flagged? Read what he told bank on📞.
A picture is a worth a thousand words, but often photojournalists don't get credit for the work they do. Photos turned the tide in the Vietnam War & galvanized support for the civil rights movement.
Here's a look at photojournalists covering the immigration crisis.
(1) @jbmoorephoto (Getty) is one of the most visible and he's covered immigration extensively in Central & Southern America for over a decade. Recently, he traveled the entire length of the US Southern border to document the journey of migrants.
(2) Meet @HerikaMartinez7 who has also produced powerful images of the immigration crisis for Getty. Just a stroll through her portfolio will leave you in tears. Her photos of deported veterans & children have gained national attention.
So children are taken away from their parents because our sick gov't believes they are worthless & then they are given away to be abused because our sick gov't thinks they are worthless.
This is a humanitarian crisis.
This is critically emergent! #FindTheChildren
What do Flint's water crisis & Puerto Rico's electricity have in common?
Sadly, this one isn't hard to figure out.
During a crisis, America is always willing to put communities of color last.
It's called RACISM.
(2) Let's start with Flint. A report from a civil rights commission last February stated: "historical, structural & systemic racism combined with implicit bias" created decades of neglect leading to Flint's water crisis.
🤔Interesting. While digging deeper into stolen laptop in March 2017 from a Secret Service (suspiciously the fmr ADA of EDNY w/ same name also lives in Brooklyn), I was reminded of 2015 "attempted" hack of Clinton Foundation. Follow along.
Transcripts released by #FBI show a Secret Service Agent assigned to Slick Willy was also doing work on Hillarys private server as well as Clinton Foundation. In 2015 he assisted the Foundation in a case related to theft of info on Foundation systems." thenewamerican.com/tech/computers…
The Clintons & the Foundation itself were very secretive about this agents work on Clinton Foundation computer systems. They denied it had anything to do w/ Foundation even though in later testimony we find out that's a lie
When @JZarif says, "#Iran never raced towards a bomb, nor will it race towards a bomb," rest assured it is the exact opposite.
We will realize how Tehran sought nuclear arms for decades. For a country sitting on an ocean of oil & gas, a "peaceful" nuclear program is meaningless.
A very telling cartoon about #NorthKorea & #Iran, as Pyongyang signals indications to set aside its nuclear weapons/ballistic missile program. This is leaving Tehran as now sole target of the international community's soon-to-come pressures.
For those who describe #Iran's FM @JZarif as a "moderate" or "reformist"