“Self-care has to be incorporated in all of our efforts. And this is something new,” she said. “This holistic approach to organizing is, I think, what is going to eventually move us along the trajectory that may lead to some victories.”
- Angela Davis
“Activism and Self-Care
Recent marches remind me of the 1960s; here's a summary and some self-care tips.”
There is so much ugliness in the world. The #Hivites are not only working as hard as they can to create as much chaos & negativity in the world as possible, they are also contributing to that swell of negativity with their own DREAD & HATE. I refuse to contribute to that feeling.
There is going to be ugliness & violence, probably more frequently, as the stakes get higher & the #Hivites continue losing ground. I know there is so much bad news to report, & everyone is angry & wanting justice. The DEMAND for justice is palpable. And it is good. But...
Truly, the very BEST thing #WeThePeople can do is counter-BALANCE this negativity with LOVE. With COMPASSION. With honest recognition of truth & firm, unwavering enforcement of reasonable BOUNDARIES. How would you speak to a 4 year old? Do that with these bad actors. Because...
1) Hard times are often blessings in disguise. Let go and let life strengthen you. No matter how much it hurts, hold your head up and keep going. This is an important lesson to remember when you’re having a rough day, a bad month, or a crappy year. Truth be told,
2) sometimes the hardest lessons to learn are the ones your spirit needs most. Your past was never a mistake if you learned from it. So take all the crazy experiences and lessons and place them in a box labeled “Thank You.''
1) We are each a spark of the Divine. Worthy as ever. And yet, sometimes we lose sight of our inherent value. That inner voice can become muffled by the narratives we play over and over in our mind. What are the messages that wear us down? In this moment, let’s challenge them.
2) What has caused us to forget that we are deserving? In this moment, let’s remind ourselves that our capacity for growth and strength is incredible. How can we reframe our experiences and begin viewing our lives from a more elevated perspective?
3) Are we ready to stop buying into old thoughts patterns and start trusting more empowering ones? Know this – there is so much more in store for you. The more we begin to believe this, with God’s help, the sooner we will receive what we hope, pray, and strive for. #believe