2/15 This is Widdy Abby. The Arabic transliterates to "Abu Wahid/Waheed". He says he's in Shipley, Bradford. He's also vocally pro-Palestinian, being admin of a large pro-Palestine group with 10.8K members.
1. On 29th November 1994, Jeremy Corbyn signed a House of Commons Early Day Motion no.24 deploring the "terrorist atrocity & murderous violence" of the pIRA's Birmingham pub bombings.
2. In 1994, Jeremy Corbyn met four loyalist leaders including David Ervine whom he met five times both to discuss the wrongful imprisonment of UDR man Neil Latimer, and at Labour Party Conference in Blackpool in the October to receive notification of an impending ceasefire.
3. In an interview to the Belfast Telegraph on 10th October 2015, Ian Paisley's wife commented that Ian Paisley always found Jeremy Corbyn very courteous and polite. And that "he thought Jeremy Corbyn was a gentleman".
Today I'm no longer a @UKLabour member. This short thread explains why, for anyone interested. 1) Twice, I couldn't vote for @jeremycorbyn in the Leadership elections. Of course Iain McNichol & his undemocratic team that said 1st - I'd posted a Green party tweet & 2nd -
2nd I'd said word the Blairite on Twitter, didn't stop my direct debit from being collected.
In June I posted a sarcastic tweet about the state of @bbccomedy & propaganda -
Thanks to @georgegalloway RT this became MSM news & many celebs /actors called me an anti Semite, liar & conspiracy theorist -
To clarify, I am remain, but I feel a 2nd ref is monumentally risky & perhaps dangerous:-
1. Polls haven't changed much, result could easily be the same 2. Another campaign of hate will embolden the far right 3. If remain win. Leavers will demand another vote
4. Chaos & unrest are likely whatever the result, possibly violence too
What happens if it's still 'Leave'? Picture the chaos, square one. You're simply allowing the Tories more time to fail to come up with a solution. Every day that continues people in this country will suffer
What if it's 'Remain'? Leavers will, with some justification, query why this vote is more valid than the first. This has the potential to cause a constitutional crisis.
People can say 'we know the facts now' all they like, that will not placate millions of angry voters.
So I spent yesterday writing the thread I am retweeting here. My purpose was to prove Corbyn was present at the graves of the Black September terrorists which he admitted while I was halfway recounting the evidence!
As time went on, I discovered some nuances and details that enable me to write a brief account here of what actually happened on that day in October 2014, and why.
Having studied the multiple albums on the Palestinian Embassy in Tunisia facebook page, as well as other on other websites, it is possible to build up a picture of the typical visitor itinerary. It goes something like this...
6yrs ago #Jerusalem, #IDF Rep:
"we are now located in the SAME building where the Foreign Journalists are,we have close working relationships w/ hundreds of journalists. In addition we launched media project working in many platforms,twitter in Arabic, Russian, French & English."
Just joined @UKLabour because you're sick and tired of a good man being maligned? Welcome! Here's a thread with a few tips from someone 3 years in. I'm fresh enough to remember being a newbie, but enough experience to pass on: #socialistsunday#wearecorbyn
6. Get to know who your MP is, and elected representatives, so: councillors, AM's in Wales, MSP's in Scotland. You'll be meeting these people, more than likely, at CLP. Be measured if you disagree with them online, especially before meeting them!
7. Go to a CLP meeting. The CLP organises the party in your area, including selecting candidates and sending delegates to conference. The meeting will be run by a Chair, assisted by a Secretary, Treasurer and other elected volunteers. Use your first few meetings to learn.
Right folks. We need to get a grip on this. The prevalent feelings among grassroots Labour members today seems to be that the neoliberals have succeeded in fracturing the left, that we are consumed in a relentless fight about anti-semitism, and that Momentum have bottled it.
Here's where I'm at. We can acknowledge where we are today, park what we can't sort right now, and keep moving forward by focusing on what we can achieve. Right now.
We know the Tories have lurched massively to the right - some openly meeting with known fascists, while media looks the other way. We've got Tommy Robinson peddled across all media (especially BBC) as a hero while Jeremy is being destroyed by them as a racist. And yes that hurts.
#ThanksJeremy for giving me hope that as a disabled person I may finally get the mental health care I need along with the physical care. With you in power I hope to be able to live not in fear but with dignity. Under the tories life is terrifying for disabled people
I'd like to thank everyone for the support my tweet has been given. I often feel like a second class citizen, taking money from hard working tax payers. It's not a lifestyle choice and I'm grateful for what I get but I fear everything I'm assessed that I will lose this lifeline
To continue to survive I have to undergo constant assessments. I understand that money can't be freely given without some form of checking but this system is horrendous and humiliating. I sit opposite a stranger who tries to pull apart my most personal