The Democrats whittled away at more of the GOP gains vs 2016 as a number of states (AZ, CO, OR) counted a weekend’s worth of mail-in ballots. What we see now is nearly final as most states have ended #earlyvoting and few mail-in ballots remain. #Earlyvoting#MAGA#Election2018
The #Republican share of votes cast so far is +0.80% vs 2016. In contrast, the #Democrat share is -0.07%. In total, the Rep-Dem margin vs 2016 is R+0.87%. So the GOP is doing ~153K early votes better in these 13 states than they did in 2016. #MAGA#Election2018
The #Republican share of votes cast so far is +0.96% vs 2016. In contrast, the #Democrat share is -0.05%. In total, the Rep-Dem margin vs 2016 is R+1.01%. So the GOP is ~170k early votes better in these 13 states than they did in 2016. #MAGA#Election2018
The final large batch of votes came in from Florida (a few more will trickle in today & tomorrow) and again favored the Democrats, as expected. As a result, the GOP-Dem margin decreased 0.09% since yesterday and 0.29% over the last 24 hours. #Earlyvoting#MAGA#Election2018
The #Republican share of votes cast so far is +1.0% vs 2016. In contrast, the #Democrat share is -0.1%. In total, the Rep-Dem margin vs 2016 is R+1.10%. So the GOP is doing ~184k early votes better in these 13 states than they did in 2016. #MAGA#Election2018
The votes continue to roll in from Florida and they continue to favor the Democrats, as expected. As a result, the GOP-Dem margin decreased 0.10% since this afternoon and 0.42% over the last 24 hours. #Earlyvoting#MAGA#Election2018
...if you know German (else here a translation of notes I made towards the end to update you on the climate-debates State of the art in German media:
– A key reform of the political system worth debating would be to limit politicians' terms to 8 years, to incentivize them to 2/n
The #Republican share of the votes cast so far is +1.3% against the “final” 2016 results and +0.7% against the corresponding date in 2016. In contrast, the #Democrat share is -0.2% in the “final” data and +0.2% in the “daily.” #MAGA#Election2018
In total, the Rep-Dem margin in #earlyvoting vs 2016 is R+1.5% in the “final” data set and R+0.5% from 2016 in the “daily” data set. In other words, the GOP is doing about 243k early votes better in these 13 states than they did in 2016. #MAGA#Election2018
NEGATIVE Impact ILLEGAL Immigration & #Birthright
🤔Why would ANY American citizen or LEGAL immigrant want this? #MAGA#Vote#BLEXIT
FYI: anyone who says #POTUS#TRUMP agenda is racist... statistically...who do u think ILLEGAL immigration negatively impacts most?
(Hint: it ain't "white" people)
Also, if Trump & #MAGA is "racist," why does everyone cheer at rallies for historic low Black/Hispanic unemployment?
Can any #FakeNewsMedia pundit or #Resist Democrat please show me a video or document where POTUS brags about WHITE unemployment being at lowest level? How bout MALE unemployment levels? I only hear about FEMALE.
🤔Trump is realllllllly bad at being a racist & sexist huh?
1. We are offered two distinctly different messages in response to the political actions and climate of the Trump era. Two fundamental philosophies that will shape the course of our country:
We Are Better Than This
It Doesn't Matter, We Won
2. One, an optimistic appeal to the integrity of the people of our country, offers hope for the future. The other hints at a slippery slope with no bottom. The end justifies the means no matter the cost. I find it doubtful this dark message is what Republicans teach their kids
3. There's no daylight between Trump and #GOP leaders who've have had 2+ years to decide who they are - those of character have already left the party. The rest have gladly molded themselves into Trump’s vision, fully embracing fear-mongering, nationalism, division and lies.
1. The #GOP damage control messaging trying to contain the fallout from Mr. Trump’s incitement and direct link to the #NAGAShooter and #MAGABombers is falling in the usual pattern. After their false flag theory fell apart they’ve moved along to their standard propaganda.
2. Mr. Trump desperately needs his people to be afraid of an immigrant invasion so he doubled down attacking the Central American refugees as if no mass murder based on his words took place. He also projected his guilt onto the media for correctly reporting his demonizing words.
3. If that weren’t enough, despite the reporting from @NPRinskeep that the refugee numbers were around 3,500 and most had accepted offers for asylum in Mexico as had the previous group of refugees, Mr. Trump is still deploying 5,500 federal service members.
1/ I refrained from responding with the level of vitriol I felt last night because I was at a lovely same-sex marriage and wanted to celebrate the beautiful day/night with the wonderful people there.
But not tonight...
Follow the thread for some FACTS....
2/ Let's start with this excellent article summarizing some FACTS we know.
And as a reminder: FACTS don't give a DAMN if you believe them or not.
And the FACTS tell us that more guns = higher rates of murder and suicide... scientificamerican.com/article/more-g…
3/ In fact, as the article above discusses, people w/guns at home for self-defense had a 40-70% INCREASED CHANCE of being murdered at home. This went up to 270% INCREASED chance of being murdered if the gun was loaded.
Guns at home also = a 3-6-times increased risk of suicide
It was an exercise Bergen designed for teachers in a course she was leading, for schoolteachers, that was called "Teaching The Diary Of Anne Frank", to raise their awareness of the "chain of complicity" that led to the Holocaust...
Bergen wrote out, on cards she passed out one by one to the teachers, "identities" of different people who each played a part in the death of Anne Frank - Hitler, Himmler, the person who snatched a scrap of bread from Anne Frank's hand in the concentration camp...
1/ LOVE the guys .@tntradioempire: they make poop in a box as funny as dick in a box. Listen live, online, or via your favorite podcast.
Covered a few things, but NE!!! Please take note of thread for info on Medicaid-SPREAD FACTS.
Then: get out & vote FOR 427 Medicaid Expansion
3/ Scientists did find (in a MOUSE model) that THC fits in receptors in the olfactory bulb, causing increased smell & increased food intake. The same group also found that regular chronic marijuana use affected short-term memory. So…eat up—again. nature.com/articles/nn.36…
2/"We knew nearly nothing, except that the Secret Service had intercepted “potential explosive devices” targeting the Clintons and Obamas, while investigators also looked into a suspicious package at CNN’s New York offices. Days earlier, authorities found an explosive device in
3/"the mailbox of liberal philanthropist George Soros. We did not know who sent them, or why, or what exactly the potential devices were. But John Cardillo, a right-wing media personality, was already tweeting out his suspicions. “Investigators need to take a serious look at far
@davidfrum@TheAtlantic This has nothing to do with enforcement. The president is claimig the immigrants coming to our country are some kind of ‘liberal plot’ or somehow associated with the Democratic party - this is a lie. Democrats want border enforcement too - we just don’t think a wall makes sense.
@davidfrum@TheAtlantic You of all people should recognize that this entire story is a propaganda piece being used by the President & his alt-reich pals to create a kind of xenophobic fury in order to get more votes for the midterms. There’s a discussion re enforcement but this is a false narrative.
@davidfrum@TheAtlantic The majority of Dem voters are in favor of border enforcement- it’s just not high on the list of priorities given the current state of our country/ politics. Democratic leaders have voted for stronger border enforcement very recently & have been pushing for immigration reforms.
2) BHO & Emanuel (Chiraq Governor) are Dems and hail from Chiraq. Democrats are going all in on their playbook which is actually Sauls reimagining of Karl Marx and so on. The book Rules for Radicals is a must read. It’s the Democrats Playbook.
YES! And cut off aid to every country in between who does not stop them at their southern border & offers them assistance! We need laws to stop people like George Soros from funding displacement of Third World people!
A couple of not-altogether-random thoughts:
- The constant complaint that "left-of-centre" values are now -unfairly, yet- prevalent over "conservative" ones may well be inaccurate, given the longtime deliberate strategy in some quarters to shift public perception of "centre" /1
dramatically rightwards. For example, the Republicans of today would consider that President Eisenhower was "dangerously liberal" for his fight against fascism and for decent lives for the poor. Americans generally still agree with Ike, though the Tea Party movement shifted the/2
#GOP's position further rightward; a resurgent racist, pro-fascism element is adding its pressure to that of the "1%" donor class to go even further into fullblown authoritarianism. That is, their new "centre" was what the 1950s called rightwing extremism. But most Americans /3
In part 3, we revealed Rohrabacher ties to Paul Manafort and figured out that Abramoffs scandals were treasonous Russia dealings. Abramoff/Manafort were the go to lobbyists and they chose to work for a foreign adversary to create the #GrandOldPutinPartythesternfacts.com/putins-favorit…