I’ve just written this. I’m passionate about Twitter - always have been. I love how it is tackling fake accounts and hoping to reduce the amount of extremism online. But these adverts should be a priority.
Each of the accounts used in the scams are @verified and, last time this happened, I copied in @TwitterSupport so they knew it was happening. It looks like it takes about 30 mins-1 hour to take down these scams but that is long and the damage to innocent accounts lasts longer.
This all started because the #MetPolice & #LBRUT couldn't do their jobs properly & then decided to take the law into their own hands. The result of this decision has led to events stranger than fiction
My company was raided. It should have been a straightforward matter. But the #MetPolice & #LBRUT forgot to seize my computer & came back to do a 2nd raid. The search warrant didn't permit a second entry, however, #LBRUT entered unlawfully
Complaints were then made to my MP #VinceCable. He liaised with the #Metpolice & #LBRUT. And then weeks later, the search warrant was completely changed & was passed off as the search warrant executed on the day of the raids.
Over the past few months, several scam accounts have popped up that call themselves #resistance. Some ask for #donations to help impeach Trump. Some sell shirts, phone cases, etc. And there are others that ask for money for various causes. THREAD 1 #scam#donate#con#PSA
None of them understand #bitcoin, yet all fight to kill that what gave them wealth and power in the first place.
- ignores the community and rejects the importance of #segwit
- likes tweets talking about "bitcoin dethroning"
- owns more $ETH than $BTC
- never says the word "bitcoin" during public campaigns, just "blockchain" or "cryptocurrency"
- he used to sell pipe bombs on the internet, spent time in prison
- spreads lies and fud
- claims bcash is the real bitcoin
- involved in pump and dumps, korean exchanges and insider trading
- tricks users in buying bcash on his site under the name "bitcoin"