Tonight, the 1st of my 2-part series on #ISIS’s resurgence in Iraq airs on @PBS@NewsHour Weekend. In cooperation w/ @theIFUND, I spent 3 weeks traveling across 3 provinces to investigate the extent to which ISIS has regrouped after its official defeat last year.
In August, Abu Bakr Al Baghdadi released a new audio recording in which he pointed to #Iraq as the epicenter of #ISIS's resurgence. The facts on the ground suggest that this is not just an ambition the group aspires to in the future - it’s already a reality.
ISIS attacks in the rural areas around Tuz Khurmatu, Kirkuk and Hawija aren’t an exception - they’ve become an almost daily occurrence for the civilians who live there. What’s more - #Iraq’s security forces appear ill-equipped to face #ISIS in its insurgent form.
No election of a large coalition today in #Iraq. The parliamentary session is postponed.
#USA doesn't have many allies in #Iraq. US envoy - I was told by many Kurds, Sunni and even Shia MPs - is threatening those unwilling to vote for Abadi despite any American denial of using this kind of approach.
Let's see what the Kurds will decide in a couple of weeks #Iraq
#Kurds Al-Fateh and Dawlat al-qanoon pulled out of the parliamentary session to sabotage the election.
FYI: Out of Abadi's 42 MPs, only 12 are left in his coalition. #Iraq.
#Iraq parliament may fail to decide today the largest coalition. The difference is significant: 1. Abadi and Moqtada will present a list including heads of groups and the total of MPs included 2. Ameri & Maliki will present a list with the signature of every MP supporting them/+
Abadi & Moqtada list includes tens of MPs who split and moved to Ameri/Maliki. They insist on representing the total of MPs on their list even if 30-40 left their coalition to the other side. /+
The oldest MP will head the Parliament and will decide what to do: either accept one of the two lists or send it to the court to decide.
The Kurds haven't decided, to this instant, which side to support. They are caught between their demands and the #USA pressure/+
In the next hour, the largest coalition, even if below 165, may be formed and will be resgistered tomorrow at the parliament. It all depend on one party (40 to 42) expected rto join Dawlat al-QWanoon and al-Fath (so far they have gathred 110).
I'll explain: #Kurds are not going to join any coalition tomorrow, waiting for the biggest coalition to register its name. Kurds have requests that won't be met this night. So their voices and seats won't be included.+
In Kurdish city of Mariwan(Marivan) anti-establishment protests are on going. People are in the street to condemn the killing of four Kurdish environmental activists by the IRGC forces. #TwitterKurds #Iran
More protesters are joining to protest regime's discrimination policies against the #Kurds. Protesters are chanting "savages(regime officials)want to stay in power using oppression methods. We are on the streets because our heroes have been killed."
The anger amongst Kurds are growing and Kurdish opposition groups as always are incapable of leading/helping the people. Anti-IRGC/establishment protests and condemnations are on going in Kurdish city of Mariwan. #شریف_باجور #امید_کهنەپوشی #رحمت_حکیمی_نیا #محمد_پژوهی
1) Today—on the 4th anniversary of the Kocho Massacre, when #IS slaughtered an entire town as part of the Yazidi Genocide—#Turkey bombed a #Yazidi convoy in #Sinjar that was returning from the Kocho Massacre memorial ceremony, killing Mam Zaki, an important Yazidi #PKK leader.
2) The convoy contained leaders & members of the Yazidi #YBŞ defense force and affiliated political institutions, including Mazlum Shingal, the military commander of the #YBŞ, who—like Mam Zaki—is also a #Yazidi. Mazlum (shown in photo) was injured but not killed in the attack.
3) A #Yazidi from #Sinjar (Tel Ezeir) named Harbo, a member of the Self-Administrative Council (a local governing institution that is a civilian political counterpart to the YBŞ defense force), was injured in the attack. Two others were killed; their identities are not yet known.
Time has come for the serious confrontation with #ISIS "soldiers of the Caliphate" in Quneitra (Jaish Khaled bin al Waleed) bordering the occupied Golan heights as the Syrian Army, Hezbollah & allies reached the territory occupied by the group as part of south #Syria liberation.
#Damascus soldiers & allies are aware of the necessity of this inevitable battle that is supposed to begin as soon as the preparation of attack from different fronts is completed. This can be achieved when more territories under Nusra and FSA are cleared.
#Israel should be happy to have the Syrian Army back on the borders in Assuweida-Daraa-Quneitra as it was the case for thirty odd years without any significant incident,rather than protecting uncontrollable salafi-Wahhabi radicals who can wake up from one day two another & attack
The war in Syria is almost over: #ISIS will continue attacking (with no strategic purposes like in #Iraq), #Idlib and al-Hasaka are considered under occupation forces. Now the Syrian government can call for general elections any time in liberated #Syria
#Iran Protests courtesy of the #CIA
Jun 25, 2009 After President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad won the Iranian Election, riots and protests erupted in #Tehran, The western media was quick to report on this #PSYOPS.
#US politicians, #Israel, #SaudiArabia & media dream of #RegimeChange in #Iran.
Jan 3, 2018 The more intense and violent demonstrations in Iran have given way to patriotic rallies with thousands of Iranians shouting pro-government slogans.
Jan 3,2018 Are the protests in #Iran spontaneous, or are they the result of another #RegimeChange operation?#TheCorbettReport James explores the past, present & future of #US and #Israel-i involvement in Iran, & the attempts to foment unrest in the country.
My critique has always been about the imbalance/s created in northern #Syria by U.S. counter-#ISIS policy.
The #YPG was/is the #PKK - all U.S. officials admit that in private. That didn’t necessarily have to preclude working with them, but ignoring it caused big, big problems.
#pt: As an analyst of terrorist groups, I did see a certain irony & short-sightedness in the words of one top, serving U.S. official, “allying with a terrorist group (#PKK) to fight another terrorist group (#ISIS).”
It’s got nothing to do with any position on #Kurds, whatsoever.
1. I urge young #Kurds across the US to be more politically active. No excuses. Know your elected representatives, get in touch with their offices & educate them on the Kurdish plight. Kurds with access to Capital Hill in DC have more responsibility, we can influence policy.
2. We don’t need fancy offices. We know what brings Kurdistan down, we know who those are that work with Turkey, Iran. We can provide lawmakers with a different voice, one that is for the sole interest of Kurdistan. For how long will you complain but do nothing to change it?
3. Take advantage of the institutions that exist, they’re for us to utilize. Don’t allow corrupt individuals & offices to push party agendas. You have access to members of Congress, as Kurdish officials do. It’s very simple. Call👉make an appointment👉educate.
Instead of giving back the city of Afrin to the central government of #Damascus, #YPG took the decision on behalf of all inhabitants, #Kurdxs and Arabs, to pull out and allow #Turkey to occupy it: #YPG "greatest" strategy. No place for Kurds even in the mountains now.
#YPG militants were described for years as "best fighters" and "best military partners" but the war in #Afrin showed they are not best fighters and they are worse planners with no strategy.
In both #Iraq and #Syria, #Kurds political leadership pushed the Kurdish population future and dreams for at least another 100 year back (and I am positive here) as a result of their alliance with the #USA in both cases and countries.
With the continuous flow of hundreds of well trained and armed Syrian popular forces, the Turkish #OliveBranchOperation is expected to be halted in the coming week: #Damascus clear confrontational attitude towards #Ankara seems obvious +
#Turkey knows that #Damascus is not acting alone and that #Russia is not far from seeing the Central government regain control of the Kurdish #Afrin enclave when #Kurds accepted all the Syrian gov conditions +
In the coming weeks, #Russia and #Ankara will have to find a way out to save #Turkey's face and present a scenario where everybody is a winner, including the #Kurds who have managed to save the destruction of the enclave.+
#Russia is discussing/finalising with #Turkey the cease-fire in #Afrin to allow 4000 #SAA men to take control of the entire city, surrounding villages, establish 52 positions in the enclave and deploy forces on the borders with #Turkey.
Thos who believe the deployment of the Syrian army will only be on the 160 km along the borders with #Turkey are mistaken because that was the initial request of the Afrin administration from day one, rejected by the government of #Damascus.
With the #Afrin deal coming to a near end, the #Kurds is al-Hasaka may no longer be fit as "best #USA partners" in #Syria. However, the #USA occupation forces will find another partner to stay in the Levant, the most important presence for these forces +
Because #USA protects an #ISIS enclave in north-east #Syria, #ISIS becomes a necessary element to justify the #USA presence and to wave it in the face of #Iraq . US is pushing #NATO into #Iraq so the US won't look alone in Mesopotamia and the Levant.
As the #USA insists in occupying #Syria and in staying in #Iraq, their forceful presence will be a negative element in PM Haidar Abadi's electoral campaign. #Iran won't accept NATO's presence in #Iraq and #Syria (USA).
2. To explain, the Wayback captured the @CIA page about #Syria where there were no domestic terrorist listed on January 28, 2018. Ex A. I concede that a story I read yesterday, that I will search for to give accreditation, found this. As you can see, Ex B shows added PYD entry.
3. Here's Thurs DOD presser. At 3:34 and later 6:31 discussions of Afrin. At 27:42 AA reported says rockets fired in then the general says "if the PKK attacks Turkey." There are no PKK in Turkey. He must know that. We need to say if PYD, SDF YPG and/or YPG are or aren't listed.
Over 110 killed of #Turkey proxy and #YPG today following fierce clashes on the borders of #Afrin enclave when the Turkish forces failed to make any serious advance. However, this is the largest number of casualties in one day for #Kurds.
The Syrian Army received instructions to allow #Kurds to transit from and to #Afrin through its controlled area without any restrictions or control during the "Olive Branch" Turkish ops.
The Syrian government gave instructions to all hospitals to receive as a priority any casualties among #Kurds due to Turkish "Olive Branch" military ops against #Afrin
1. Afrin Syria Saturday am 20 Jan. I can't confirm this report but it would not surprise me. I've followed the #YPG & #YPJ since Fall 2014. I note equipment changes Kept count of force size. Posted dozens of clips of every @CJTFOIR presser on my YouTube channel. Afrin
2. Afrin was always a black box. I saw what appeared to be US small arms with Afrin YPG in contrast to the SDF forces in the rest of Syria. Possible they were beneficiaries of CIA Train & Equip debacle. Won't report estimates of force size but by 2016 it was already large.
3. One thing I observed starting in #Kobane and continuing on uninterrupted is when #Kurds capture weapons and arms they police it up, inventory it and put it to use. Neat rows of weapons and ammo. Documented each time with video and photos. I've seen many dozens of such posts.
1/ Manu (The progenitor of Humankind)
All different races of Mankind are derived from Manu and Shradha. The current Manu is Vaivasvata Manu.
2/ The word Manu literary means man but it is a title given to the progenitor of mankind. According to Hindu Puranas there are many kalpas (One day of Lord Brahma the creator) and each Kalpa has 14 manvantara and each manvatara has one manu. So basically each Kalpa has 14 Manus.
3/ The current manu of the present manvantara is Shraddhadeva or Vaivasvata Manu of this current Kalpa. He is the son of Vivasvat (Probably Surya) and is therefore also known as Manu-vaivasvata.