"Sometimes, I look at myself in the mirror and wonder, 'How am I still alive?'"
Yazidi mother opens up about escape from Islamic State, building a life in Canada (1/ ) #YazidiPlight#Iraq#Canada
At 18, when she was eight months pregnant, Faeza Mejo was captured in August 2014 by members of the Islamic State terror group when she, her husband and his family tried to flee from the invaders in northern Iraq. (2/ )#YazidiGenocide#Sinjar#Iraq
Faeza was separated from her husband and taken to a place where about 50 other young #Yazidi women and girls were held. She soon learned they were in a warehouse and they were the goods to be sold, and she would literally be marked for life. (3/ ) #YazidiPlight#Sinjar
1) Un petit guide sur les #SocialJusticeWarriors (#SJW) suite aux événements de #Tolbiac et tout le marasme qui s’en est suivi, parce que je suis assez étonnée de la méconnaissance des gens en #France et sur #Twitter. Il reste central aux #US depuis quelques années. (à dérouler)
2) Car oui, comme beaucoup de mouvements culturels celui-ci nous vient directement des US et du #Canada, et met la lutte militante pour le progrès social en son centre, tjs sous le prisme d’un rapport de force à une minorité : #genre, #handicap, #racisme, #sexisme, etc…
3) Donc si t’es twittos #anglophone tu vas sûrement rigoler, parce que tu t’es déjà retrouvé embourbé dans des échanges impossibles et que tu connais exactement le sujet… Tu pourras donc passer ton chemin, car tu n’apprendras rien de spé.
BREAKING: The White House has said that US President #Trump is canceling his upcoming South America trip to remain in the US "to oversee the American response to Syria." - @NBCNews
This sounds like the US is planning to strike #Syria and Trump will remain in the US to closely monitor responses by #Russia. This is terrible.
BREAKING - British forces are now mobilizing at their bases in #Cyprus for strikes against #Syria. It appears very likely that the US, France and U.K. will strike Syria in the next 24 hours. This is dreadful.
1. #Trump's first known visit to #Soviet and #Moscow in 1987 looks to be part of a pattern. The #SteeleDossier says that the #Kremlin had been cultivating# Trump for “at least five years” before 2016 elections, meaning it asserts a beginning in 2011 or 2012.
#Europe "an increasingly complex & competitive security environment," SACEUR/@US_EUCOM Commander Gen. Curtis Scaparrotti tells #SASC in opening statement
"Our adaptation to the environment has made significant progress...particularly under the European Deterrence Initiative" per Gen Scaparrotti, calling it "the largest reinforcement of Euro-Atlantic Defense in a generation"
Gen Scaparrotti also says @NATO alliance "is strong" and that "European allies & #Canada have turned a corner on defense spending with increases in each of the past 3 years" adding $46 billion to defense spending
#perspective 2018's first 12 days have been a rollercoaster of Trumpian reactive oxygen-sucking media cycles, ranging from the "i got a bigger nuke button" to @MichaelWolffNYC s Fire&Fury to the shithole controversy, to finish w/ Stormy Daniels 1/
Sober,rational analysts of our current feverish "moment" are few&far between- @RadioFreeTom@NoahCRothman@ianbremmer@umairh try to provide sustenance to who are interested in immediate&mid-long term consequences of the circus show started on the gold plated escalator in 2015 2/
Throwing my hat into the ring, some random observations to pierce the #Trumpian-media feedback loop (ICYMI @MattGertz's must-follow tweets) : Trump's #Outsourced Presidency could have lasting consequences as it paradoxically shows 2 facets 3/
- Every time the term #UNRWA came up, people complain about this blatant scam orchestrated by Arafat & Co. in their name. 1/...
- The whole reason/ purpose for confining people in neighborhoods designated as ‘Refugee Camps’ is to prelong this cash-cow scheme that pays very generously the PAG (Palestinian Authority Gang). 2/...
My father took me to the largest refugee camp in the world, called Baq’a camp (مخيم البقعة), where the authorities not only have the audacity to give children brand new school backs before UN inspectors before their visit; but also.. 3/...
Eurozone countries don't have monetary autonomy or even absolute control over their banks. Canada does.
Japan's population is demographically very old and thus intolerant of inflation. Canada's isn't.
The US real estate bubble was localized.
Vegas, Phoenix, and South Florida went nuts while Texas slept through it. #VanRE and GTA are important enough to get a coordinated response at the national level.